Chapter XX

Little happy times

Y/n's pov

Today's training had already finished but there was no sign of Nick from the day of the terrible fight.I had left him many messages but he didn't seem to call me back and I don't even know if he'd received my messages.I got a message from Jasper saying that I should visit the Cullens again and I didn't hesitate.I knew Nick probably won't reply to me anytime soon so I decided to go.I put on a simple shirt and skinny jeans and Jasper came and picked me up in his car.I went in with him and saw the Cullens spread out all over the living room.Rosalie was already glaring at me but I pretended not to notice it.I smiled at Esme and Carlisle whose faces lit up when they saw me.I was still holding Jasper's hand, clearly the nervousness of meeting his family never fading."Hey, everyone.."I said,still clearly shy.I just wanted to make a good impression.Esme spoke up saying,"Why don't we do something together as a family?Maybe cook something together?".She looked at everyone, obviously to see their reactions.Everyone seemed to like the idea except Rosalie.She glared at me and rolled her eyes."Whatever"she said and walked away."Don't mind her,y/n..."Carlisle said and patted my shoulder as everyone walked towards the kitchen.I walked side by side with Jasper and entered their very luxurious open kitchen.Esme was already assembling vegetables and utensils.Carlisle stepped in to help her .Emmet and Rosalie were standing very close and arranging plates at the dinner table, while Alice and Edward were nowhere to be seen."Where are Alice and Edward?"I ask."Oh,they just went out hunting together..."Esme said.Suddenly, my phone was vibrating in my pocket and I took it out of my jeans pocket to see the last name I'd expected to see
.....Nick.Jasper noticed my expression and asked me if everything was alright.I nodded at him and said,"Yeah... it's just.... it's Nick.I really need to talk to him and apologise..".He smiled at me told me to go talk to him."I'll make it up to you, I promise.."I say and turn to leave."No worries"Jasper said and went into the kitchen.I looked at him for a few moments and saw him talking and chuckling with Esme and bonding with his family.I was so happy for him,he wasn't always really open,but now seeing him with his family,made me realise he became a better man than before.I smiled to myself before leaving.
I met up with Nick in the woods and he said that he wanted to talk.I noticed that he looked a little weak..but I didn't say anything.

He took me to the beach in his car,where the pack used to hang out before

He took me to the beach in his car,where the pack used to hang out before."So..."I started.He said,"So.".I took a deep breath and started speaking,"Look...Nick, I'm sorry about the fight... between us and the fight between you and Jasper.I am really really sorry..."I said and looked into his eyes, pleading him to forgive me.He lowered his head ,but later looked into my eyes"I...I should be the one saying sorry...y/n, not you..".I was surprised.How could the guy who was angry a little while ago,be apologising to me.Yes,it was both of our mistakes to yell at each other but how could he forgive me so easily and even apologise to me back.Maybe I forgot how sweet Nick really was."Hey,its alright, we're both sorry but I hope my best friend doesn't wanna cut the friendship with me.."I said and looked at him."What?!No..I would never not want to be your best friend.."he said and held my hand."Ok...,Race you to the car!!"I screamed with joy and started running."Hey! that's cheating!"he shouted ,but kept running to match my pace.I ran a few steps forward from him,but stopped when I heard heavy breathing.I turned back to see Nick on his knees, clutching his chest and the other hand on his thigh.I ran back to him and asked him,"Hey are you okay?! That's weird,you were always enthusiastic than me!".He just nodded his head and I gave him my hand to support him stand up.Soon,we were sitting in his car as he downed a whole water bottle."Hey,are you alright?"I ask him,and clutch his hand,but his temperature was very high and I could feel it."Oh my god, you're burning up!"I pressed my hand to his forehead and felt heat pricking my skin."You're not well! That's it!I'm driving you home!"I said and made my way to the driver's seat."Hey,hey! I'm okay...It's just the werewolf temperature,you know..."he said,but his eyes started to droop."Yeah, I don't know about werewolf temperature at all,right?!"I said sarcastically."Alright",he said and moved to the seat beside the driver's weakly.I got him home and Julie helped him towards his room.Julie left the room to give us some space."Hey, you don't need to come for training tomorrow,okay? you need some rest.."I said and patted his hand."I will be fine, I'll be there tomorrow,if I feel a little better"he said in a low voice."I hope you feel better soon, I need to be somewhere ok?"I said and turned to leave."Get some rest,Nick."I said finally and left the house.I took a little stroll through the woods into the Cullens home..I was just a few steps away from the entrance when Alice and Edward came out of the woods."Hey,y/n!!"Alice squealed."Hi , Alice.."I said and she hugged me...tight."And hi to you too, Edward.."I said and he replied,"Always glad to see you,y/n".I smiled at both of them before Alice said,"I haven't told you about my very first vision of you right??".

I smiled at both of them before Alice said,"I haven't told you about my very first vision of you right??"

"Uh...I guess?"I said in an unsure voice."Ok! I'll tell you everything in detail!!but first let's go inside."she said and grabbed me inside.Little did I realise,she was going to be my best friend too....