Chapter XIV

New Danger

Jasper's pov

I turn to head back to my house when Sam calls after me."Yes,Sam?"I say to him."Thank you for being there for her.."he said to me.I smile,"I will always be there for her..."I say and head back to my house, feeling better for y/n.I'm glad she opened up to me about her problems.From the moment we met,our lives felt like one, whatever she feels I feel,and all I want for her is happiness,her beautiful soul deserves it...I smile to myself and enter my home to see a worried expression on everyone's face."Is everything alright?"I asked.Carlisle looks at me, worry in his eyes,"Alice just had a vision..."he spoke."Well, what's it about?"I ask."It's Maria..."she says.The moment I heard that name,rage built in me like an uncontrollable fire.I try to calm myself, utterly failing.Carlisle approached me and placed a hand on my shoulder and spoke,"She saw that Maria was creating an army, to kill and she's after y/n.She found out about her... I'm sorry Jasper..."he said.I quickly ran towards my room and my mind was overwhelmed with thoughts."I can't lose y/n...Maria is too powerful and manipulative...I escaped her once, I can't escape her again not without a fight.....I couldn't stay in my home I need fresh air and I need to hunt to calm myself from this rage"I thought and rushed downstairs to find my family looking at me with pitiful eyes.Alice approached me and said,"I thought you were on good terms...I don't know why she would do that..."."She broke my heart once,she won't stop to break it once more..."I say and move towards the front door, only to see Rosalie coming up in front of me,"Wait, you didn't tell y/n about your past, did you?"she says, taunting me further."Move!Rose!"I shout and run out my home.

Y/n's pov

We were hanging out at my home,where we used to hang out most of the time.I was giggling at a silly joke Jared made,"Oh,how I've missed this..."I say."Not as much as we missed you"Jacob said.I smile at him."Who's hungry?"Mom shouts from the kitchen."I am!"I say to be followed by agreeing voices from everyone else."Oh please, I'm famished.."Leah says as she entered our home."Where have you been?"I ask."Just some rounds"she said."Muffins!"mom chuckles from behind the kitchen counter, holding a basket full of muffins."Oh my god,Mom,you haven't made these many muffins since-"I say and Quil interrupts,"-since Nick left!"."Yeah"I say."Nick was your mother's favourite, you know.."Paul continued,"She would always save some food for him... even when we were still hungry.."."When are you not hungry,Paul?"my mom asks, causing everyone to laugh."How's he doing by the way?Has he called anyone?"Leah asks."No, actually, I didn't wanna disturb him...he had final exams and.. you know.."I say, trying my best not to show disappointment on how much I've missed him.There was an awkward silence in the room.Leah spoke, trying to break the tension in the air,"You know what?why don't we have a bonfire night tonight? Whaddya say?"."Yeah, let's hear some more stories,from Billy..I haven't talked to him in a while..."I say."Alright then, let's go to Billy's"everyone says and leaves."Thanks for that Leah"I pull her aside and say."No problem,y/n"she said and grabs me with her to Billy's.

Maria's pov

Just as I found out about this wolf girl and Jasper's romance, I couldn't contain myself, I let him escape for a reason,so that he could die,of suffering...I merely killed one of my vampire friend when I came to know of this.And then the most brilliant idea striked me,I thought to make an army to destroy the girl.I was roaming the town of Seattle, trying to expand my little army.She doesn't even stand a chance now.

Jasper's pov

I was strolling through the forest, not trying to think of my dreadful past.But the visions of it seems to haunt me.I couldn't tell y/n of my past.She would be so hurt,she won't even speak to me.She opened up to me so easily and I find it hard to do the same for her.What if she doesn't love me anymore?My own thoughts were hurting me.I couldn't bear the thought of losing her,if it comes to that, I will be certain to die.She gave my life meaning, without her,my life is a huge waste.Y/n never asked me about my past, because she told me that the past doesn't define me.I try to think of her words,and all my worries seems to fade away.She really is a magical woman.I smile to myself.

Nick's pov

The semester was over,and finally I booked a flight ticket for myself.I was days from boarding the plane and I can't wait to see y/n.My love....This time I'm going to tell her I love her and she's my imprint,and I want the moment to be as special as it can be.

A few days later,

It was the day I get to go to Forks.I called Embry and he lifted his phone."Hey Nick!Long time no voice.."he jokes.I chuckle and sigh,"Hello Embry."I say and continue,"Listen to me carefully, I am coming home and I don't want anyone to know about this especially our pack and my best friend!I will be there in a few days..and we'll I hope it's a pleasant surprise for everyone..".I hear no reply and ask,"Embry,are you there?"."Huh?....yeah! it's just you'll be back so soon..."he says."So you won't let anyone know,right?"I ask,"Yeah, don't worry about that,bye!"he hangs up.I feel an uneasy feeling rise in me.