Chapter VIII

The prophecy

Y/n's pov

Exactly after what seemed like 3 and a half hours,we reached grandma's house.I looked at my watch and it read 8:00AM.I and my mom got out of dad's jeep and we saw granny rushing to us, "y/n! sweetheart! Oh! You've grown up to be so beautiful".I smiled at her adorable nature and I started to see flashbacks of the memories of my childhood with her."I missed you granny.."I said shedding a few tears."I missed you too,angel..."she said cupping my face with her warm hands.I put my hand on hers closing my eyes...she then turned to meet my mom and dad who were approaching us after parking the jeep."Are you hungry?I made breakfast....come in come in..she grabbed us all in.We were already seated on the dining table with so much delicious breakfast.Soon , she sat with us and we all started eating."So, what is the reason for a quick trip to gran's?"grandma said in between chewing.Dad quickly stopped whatever he was doing, looked at me,then at mom and then gran and started,"Well, we kind of want to know more about the prophecy....". Grandma looked shocked and looked at dad with a worried expression then at me, like she understood what the reason was,she then said softly,"Let's eat ,then we'll talk ok?".I nodded my head and went back to finishing my breakfast.

After what seemed like half an hour we all gathered in the living room to listen to the prophecy from my grandmother.My dad spoke up,"So ,
your granddaughter here imprinted on a vampire and we think she is the one from the prophecy"."Grandma looked at my dad and then at me, smiling."Honey, you imprinted on a vampire but are you his mate?"gran asked sitting in front of me as if asking for assurance.I nodded my head and mumbled "yes" to her."I knew she was the one"she whispered slowly,in shock.My dad and mom asked her to explain the prophecy.

Grandma's pov

I closed my eyes trying to recall the prophecy.Sam and Emily had their eyes glued on me, curious to know about their child,whereas y/n took a deep breath and looked at me.I started,"The prophecy predicted that the girl will be found by an alpha of the werewolf pack,who later decides to look after her, like his own daughter, with his imprint".I looked at Sam indicating that the Alpha probably is him."No one will ever know where she is from..."I looked at y/n, to see her smiling weakly."The prophecy predicts that the girl will imprint on a vampire the first time she will see him.They will fall in love so deeply and can't stand to stay away from each other.Our ancestors described their relationship as the most truest and purest form of love.
They will step forward to do anything for each other.Over time, the girl will eventually notice that all of her sorrows and worries will be gone........ because of him........ There will be a growth of a beautiful friendship between the two ,the vampires and the werewolves...These two individuals will be the reason for that.But, still there will be severe obstacles that they would have to face.The girl, who is y/n...."I continued looking at the three of them,"may lose someone very close to her heart.......... other than her imprint......."I said and looked at y/n ,who had a tense expression on her face.Y/n spoke,"Can you tell me who is that... surely? because I am not ready to lose anyone"...she spoke the last words in a little lower voice."Umm.... I think I have an ancient script regarding that....let me just go find that okay?"I said and left the room.I returned to find y/n , putting her head in her hands as she was scared of her own future.

Y/n's pov

I lifted my head ,which was buried in my hands earlier, to see grandma entering the room with an old book which was almost torn and had a  golden-brown in colour.She dusted off the dust which was all over the cover of the book.She approached me with that calming smile and I tried my best to smile at her.She sat down in front of us and started opening the book to answer my question.My father held my hand comforting me since I knew he realised I was in deep worries."Ok, I think I've found the answer for your very certain question y/n....It reads here, in ancient language, that 'Someone close to the girl, from the wolf pack, will imprint on her, which will make things harder for her.And it also says that the wolf will lose his life saving hers.'that's all it says about the  wolf...."she said, lifting her eyes from the ancient inscription.My dad interrupts saying,"I would have known if someone imprinted on my daughter, but I don't even have a clue who it is!"."Maybe it's supposed to be that way,or he must have decided to keep it a secret"my grandma spoke up.I was still trying to think of who it might be."grandma,please continue..." I say."She nodded her head and spoke,"It is also believed that the loss will affect you so bad, but like always, your imprint,the vampire will help you get through it.The wolf pack and the vampires will gradually grow closer together as both of your relationship will grow deeply.You will feel perfect for each other.But ,a lucky miracle will happen regarding you .This miracle will keep you happy but it will worry your loved ones.The miracle will be a delightful surprise but it may come as a shock to everyone else.This miracle will make  you weaker in the last days of your life.....The script ends here....and then a few empty pages are left...".I was at a loss for words and was utterly shocked.I looked over at my dad who said, "No matter what, I won't lose my daughter" ,he had a few tears in his eyes."You do know it's inevitable......It's her destiny......no one can change that"grandma said.I excused myself as I stood up and walked out into grandma's beautiful garden with a tears in my eyes....