Chapter XXV

Goodbye is the saddest word

Y/n's pov

I rushed behind them.My hands were still caked with the blood.I saw Carlisle reaching the house and Billy sitting near the entrance of his house.He looked at me as if I should have known something but I didn't quite notice that.I was sobbing and Embry came up hugging me."H-He didn't h-have to do that..."I said between sobs, referring to Nick."Hey,Hey it's alright... He's gonna be okay..."he said hugging me tighter.I saw Carlisle go in through the door.All of us were waiting outside, hoping he'll be alright.After a few moments, Carlisle stepped out, shaking his hand with Billy.Then he looked at all of us, hesitantly, saying,"He's not gonna make it, through the night.Now's the time to say goodbye.."He said and walked away.My whole heart seemed to sink, and I broke out into tears.I ran inside to see him lie on his bed helplessly,his head resting on a high pillow,his torso wrapped in bandage.The blood seemed to stick to the bandage near the wound.I rushed over to him holding his hand, smiling weakly at him.He held my hand with the little strength he had in him."Why did you do that?"I ask slower."He spoke,his voice almost a whisper,"I would do that again,over and over,even if it meant death for me..."."Why-"I say, but,he cuts me off, saying,"I love you,y/n".And then,my grandmother's words hit me like a train,"Someone close to the girl, from the wolf pack, will imprint on her, which will make things harder for her.And it also says that the wolf will lose his life saving hers.'that's all it says about the  wolf...."...I look at Nick, thinking how could I be this foolish.He was the one who imprinted on me all along."From the day I saw you,when I first turned into a wolf....I loved you from that moment...I didn't even know what imprinting was, but I immediately fell in love with you..."he said, distracting me from my thoughts.I remember how he got angry when I told him about Jasper and how he tries to fight him."I'm sorry,Nick that I never told you about the prophecy.."I say."Who said I didn't know?The day I returned.....Embry told me about Jasper and you and even about the prophecy..."he said."Nick,I can't lose you,not my best friend,please..."I say in between crying."Hey, You....are not losing me... I'll be watching over you.... wishing you all the happiness....in the world.... because you're such....a beautiful soul..."he said, making my heart ache from his love for me.I leaned over and kissed him tenderly.His lips were pressed to mine with the little strength he had in him.I pulled back, smiling at him and he was smiling weakly at me."I love you too,Nick..."I said, because I really did love him,as the best friend I always cherished.He was the kind of friend who would never give up on me,and for that I loved him."It seems like,you put some life into me, with that"he said,making me laugh feebly.One by one, everyone from the pack came in to say their goodbyes, but I didn't want to lose him yet.We let Julie who was out of town at the time, know that he was in a car accident.I sat by his side all along not letting go of his hand.I requested Billy and my dad that I wanted to stay the night with Nick.Dad seemed to realise that he was the one who imprinted on me and let me stay.I rested my head,on his bed near his shoulder,lacing my fingers through his hand.He already looked tired and weak hence,he went to sleep early."You are going to make it..I'm not leaving you..."I murmured slowly.

The next morning,

I woke up to find myself in Nick's room.I tried to wake him up,his hand was still laced with mine.He didn't seem to move,and I didn't want to believe that he was gone just like that,I was in tears before I screamed with the pain of losing my best friend....Jacob came rushing into the room,and knew what was happening.Billy came in,his face already showing grief.Jacob, walked me to my home and I saw my mother standing there with dad.My mom was crying leaning her head on dad's shoulder.I knew she loved Nick like he was her own son and I could see the sorrow in her eyes.I hugged her tightly, trying to melt her sorrow away.It wasn't long before,we all got ready for the funeral.I didn't want to move from my room, and I felt numb from all the pain I went through.The Cullens also arrived at his grave...Jasper came up to me and hugged me,like he knew my pain even though he couldn't feel them.

Three months later,

I was no spending time alone to myself and it seemed like everyone knew I was still mourning him.I didn't seem to talk more or smile more and involve more according to everyone.Everyone were telling me that it's life and I need to move on.But,I didn't know how to move on.Nick leaving felt like a very empty void in my life which no one seemed to fill.I felt like I was drifting apart from everyone which made mom and dad worry so much.I would visit his grave daily then hang out by myself near the cliffside where we used to jump most of the times.I would return home after sunset and then try to sleep.Everything I felt was numbness from the day I lost him.

Jasper's pov

I was so worried about y/n.Even though she smiles and talks to me,I can say it's fake.I didn't want her to make her feel alone in her sorrow.I wanted to be there for her.And I knew exactly what to do.I went to her home to find Sam and Emily like always.I asked them for a moment to speak with them.I asked them the question most parents took time to think about.I assured them that I would bring their daughter back again.Sam looked at Emily with the faintest glistening of tears in his eyes and I saw Emily's eyes were glossy too..They shook their head like a nod and said yes.I made my way towards y/n hoping I can get her to speak truly this time....

[Note:Will y/n be able to open upto Jasper? Will they get through it together or tear them apart forever?Find out in the next book,"First true love [Book-II] ]