Y/n vs Opal, helping S/n search for the final crystals

Y/n was getting ready for his gym battle with Opal, he was talking to his rivals about the battle ahead. Opal seems to ask questions in battle, if answered correctly, the challengers Pokemon stats will be raised, dropped if answered incorrectly. And the questions are different every time.

Hop was first, he was still unsure of himself and answered two of the questions wrong. He managed to pull out a win, though just barely. 

Marnie had a bit of a tough as her Pokemon were all dark types, which has a type disadvantage against Opal's fairy type Pokemon. She managed to answer all of the questions correctly, which she admit's the stat increase helped her to win.

Next it was Y/n's turn, he took a deep breath before talking to the battlefield.

After shaking hands, they when to their sides of the battlefield and got ready.

"Drapion, battle time!"

"Weezing, do your best."

The Weezing Opal sent out is very different from it's kanto counterpart, Y/n's Rotomdex scanned the Poison gas Pokemon.

"Weezing the Poison gas Pokemon. Galarain form.  A poison and fairy type. This Pokemon consumes particles that contaminate the air. Instead of leaving droppings, it expels clean air." Rotom beeped before shutting off.

Y/n raised a eyebrow at that, it purifies the air instead of polluting it? That's different.

"Cross poison!"

"Dazzling gleam!"

The two attacks clashed and canceled each other out. 

"First question, do you know my nickname?" Opal asked. "The magic user or The wizard?"  

"The wizard." Y/n said. Guessing from the rumors he heard.

"Ding ding ding! Congratulations, you're correct." Opal said.

A red light shines one Drapion, increasing his speed sharply .

"Earthquake!"

Drapion slammed his tail on the ground, the attack (somehow) hit it's mark damaging it greatly.

"Now Fire fang!" 

Using the speed boost, Drapion got close and chomped down with fangs of fire.

The attack was too much for Weezing to handle so it was down and out.

Opal recalled the poison gas Pokemon before sending out a Mawile.

Y/n recalled Drapion before sending out Cinderace.

"Pyro ball!"

"Fairy wind!"

Cinderace ignites a small stone and launching it as a fiery ball at the target, it broke though the fairy wind and hit Mawile head on, knocking it out.

Recalling Mawile, she then sent out a Togekiss.

 Y/n recalled Cinderace and sent out Toxtricity.

"Second question, What is my favorite color? Pink for purple?" Opal asked.

Y/n first thought it was pink, since it was everywhere. But it seem a bit to obvious, so Y/n decided to choose ..."

"Purple." Was Y/n's answer.

"Yes, a nice, deep purple.... Truly grand , don't you think?" Opal said.

A red light shined down on Toxtricity, increasing his defence and special defence.