28. Hopeless

The boys gather around, some on the sofa and some sit on the ground. You stand before them and tell them everything.
Almost everything.
You leave out the part where your sister tells you to kill them for their powers.

"So why did your sister tell you to gather all of us up if there's no way to stop Luhan?..." Namjoon says, leaning forwards from the couch.

You rack your mind to come up with a lie.
"To fight." You end up saying. "We need to fight Luhan using our powers."

"But the Sakers didn't die before, they just vanished..." Yoongi interjects with a solemn expression.

You look to the ground.
I hate lying to them.

"We can do it guys." Is all you can say but you know it's not enough.

Jin gets up. "Y/N. I'm sorry but... if there's no way to stop him..."

"You're going to leave?" Jungkook accuses, crossing his arms.

"If Luhan has an army of indestructible monsters, how are we going to stop him?" Jin replies harshly.

"...he's right." Yoongi says.

"I agree..." Taehyung adds.

Namjoon gets up and stands beside you.
"If we don't do anything, we're all as good as dead."

"We're dead either way. I for one would rather hide and stay safe." Jimin shrugs.

"Cowards." Jungkook mutters, glaring at them.

Who am I kidding?
"You're all right." You whisper. Jungkook turns to you, shocked.
"Our chances of stopping Luhan are slim."

"Can't we fight like you said?" Jungkook frowns.

"I don't think it'll be enough. He's got Sakers and followers..."
You blink back the tears.
"Get your things from the hotel and find peace before Luhan comes."

Jungkook reaches for your arm but you can't face him.
You walk out and don't look back.

***

It's been a couple of days since the night you last saw them. You compelled the staff at another hotel to let you stay there ever since that day.

Your phone rings multiple times a day from the guys trying to call you but you don't pick up.
Jungkook has been ringing you the most but you don't answer. You couldn't bare to hear his voice.

I left them. I couldn't kill them and I couldn't save them either. If only I hadn't told them about Luhan... they've could've spent their last few months on Earth in peace.
You think to yourself on the mattress of the hotel, chugging down a bottle of alcohol.

Your phone buzzes again. Angrily, you sit up and snatch your phone.
Jungkook.
Sighing, you finally answer.

"Y/N? Hello? Finally, where are you?" He stammers.
You stay silent.

"Y/N please. Please talk to me....I miss you." You hear his voice break.

"I don't know what to do Jungkook. I...."
Tears stream down your face.

"Lets meet Y/N, please, where are you?"

You give into him and finally tell him the hotel your staying at. He says he'll meet you in the lobby in five minutes.

He's here in four.
As soon as he walks through the doors, he scans the lobby, when he sits you sitting on some sofas near the reception he runs to you.

Jungkook crashes into you, scooping you into a hug. He holds the back of your head to him with one arm and the other is wrapped across your back.

You hug him back. Tightly.
"I've missed you so so much." He mumbles as he nuzzles his head into your neck.

"I don't deserve you." You sob softly.
He pulls away and stares into your eyes, still holding your arms.

"Don't ever say that. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me."

You scoff and dab your eyes with your sleeve.
"As if..."
If only he knew.

"Y/N, about what you said at Jins house... you were lying weren't you?"
Your eyes shoot up at him.

"How did you...?"

He smiles thinly and strokes your cheek.
"I know you. You look at the ground when you lie".
You avert your eyes.

"What really happened Y/N?"

You take a deep breath.
"She told me to kill all of you for your powers..."

Jungkooks eyes widen. He opens his mouth but doesn't say anything.

"I think it's because when one person has them, the power is amplified. But divided between eight of us weakens the powers itself somehow...I don't know." You bite your lip and look away.
"I just couldn't face you all. I mean brought you all into this... just because I'm meant to kill you...it's not fair on you guys." You frown, trying to hold back the tears.

Jungkook grabs your shoulders, making you look up at him again.
"Do it." He says.
You stare at him.
"If it'll save Earth and you... do it."

You push his hands off and back away.
"How could you even ask me that."
You yell, eyes blurring from tears.

Jungkook steps towards you apologetically but you run. You run out of the hotel and you don't stop running until your far, far away.

***

Rain drenches your clothes. You're completely soaked, sitting on a park bench as people walk past, eyeing you like you've gone crazy to be sitting idly in the rain without an umbrella.

You lay your head back on the bench and look up at the cloudy sky. Rain splatters on your face. It feels like the world is crying with you.

Then rapidly your surroundings fade into black.

A boy. Red hair. He's sitting on a brown couch, scrolling through his phone.
He sighs and looks at his wrist watch.
7:12
The boy looks unsure of something and looks to the door. He strums his fingers on the couch then lays back and looks up at the ceiling.

You wake up, more confused than ever.
You're on the park bench in the pouring rain but something is different.
It's still raining but you're not getting wet. You look up to find a black umbrella covering you.
Looking to the left, you see Jungkook getting drenched and dozing off.

"Oh my god Jungkook" you gasp, pushing the umbrella over him. He snaps out of his nap and looks at you.
"Why are you here?" You ask.

"I'm sorry Y/N. I shouldn't have said that to you." He pouts.

"What you said was stupid and I was so so angry." You reach out to hold his hand.
"But I understand where you were coming from." You smile weakly.

"Thank you." He smiles back.
"Why were you passed out here?" He asks. "I tried to wake you up but you didn't...did you have a vision?"

You nod.
"I saw him. I saw Greed. But Jungkook... he's in my house."

Please vote, comment and share <3