Chapter Two - Tailgate

"Cmon, Tailgate, let's do it!" My ex-boyfriend loomed over me.

Great. Only a year left to live and I'm dating this asshole. I thought to myself as I shrunk up.

"P- please Getaway, not here." I whimpered as he went for my crotch slowly with his hand.

That was when I heard him.

"Hey, Сука!"

And the fight began.

------------------------------------------

I'm Tailgate Speeden. By time you're reading this, I'm most likely a goner. The fact that I even lived for as long as I did was probably a new record. I got up to 22 before having problems and eventually dying. I'm hoping my son with Cyclonus got more him than me.

This is my side of the story as I tell you in my logs.

---------------------------------

Cyclonus was the nicest nanobot I've ever met. One day, I brought him with to see my friends Timerewind Mirager and Tireswerve Jackson. Rewind was videotaping Swerve when I got there with Cy.

"Gotowy!" Rewind said in polish. Swerve smiled and got out 3 bottles - a  Chocolate Surprise, a Cherry Galore, and a Blowup.

Swerve makes soda. Sometimes beer. He shares the stuff with us. I like the Cherry Galore best.

I brought Cy over, his horns gleaming. Rewind seemed unfazed that a Nanobot was here (he had them for parents), but Swerve was a bit surprised.

"A nanobot? For a boyfriend? Even in the Reformed Sparklet they're lying assholes." He snarled. Cyclonus sighed.

"Which I'm in." He answered. I then spoke up.

"Oh calm down Tireswerve." I tried to soothe both sides. "Cy isn't as bad as your average Nano. He's sweet and caring under that hard shell of his. He saved me from Getaway." Now my two friends shared a surprised glance.

"He did?" Rewind whistled. "Łał." He turns to Cyclonus with a glare. "If you break his heart, we will gut you." Cyclonus raised a confused opticbrow.

"We?" He asks in his Russian accent. Rewind pulls in Swerve.

"Tireswerve and I. Taily means the world to us and we're not going to let you waste his life for nothing!" Now Cy looked worried. I scrunched up. This part was always embarrassing.

"Tailgate, моя любовь, what do they mean?" He turned to me. "Are you ill? Injured?" I sighed.

"Both." Noticing his confusion, I explain. "I'm in the Time Sparklet - the  sparklet with Tailgate as the Patron. But with only Tailgate, we die instantly. We're balanced by Cyclonus. It only gives us a but more time." I looked away sadly. "Most of us don't make it past 15..... And those who are even lucky enough cannot get past 20. All of us are young parents." I don't even notice the tear slip down my pale cheek. I feel a finger wipe it away and I see Cy's crimson eyes staring at me.

"Tailgate...." He wiped away another tear. "I will do everything in my power to help you live as long as I can manage." I look up at him with teary eyes and I begin to cry happy tears.

And Cyclonus....

He just comforted me as my friends watch.