Chapter Four - Tailgate

Days passed and I felt closer to him. Closer to Cy. He was beginning to be protective, but I didn't care. I finally had a boyfriend who respected me for who I was and didn't just use me. I was happy.

And daydreaming when I supposed to be helping Timerewind with his channel.

"Tailgate? Ziemia do Tailgate." I looked up as Rewind snapped his fingers and spoke in polish. I blinked, shaking my head. "Nic ci nie jest? You spaced out for a second."

"Oh- me- yeah- I'm okay- I'm- I was just-" I stuttered, now embarrassed and flustered. Rewind laughed.

"You were daydreaming about Cyclonus again, weren't you? I'm not judging. I'm still trying to win my crush's heart." At this point I knew he was talking about Chromedome. As a fellow gay with a period, I knew love when I saw it. Especially when he looked at the guy.

"I know. But I can't get him out of my mind! He's so sweet and kind!" I sighed dreamily. "Sure, everyone sees him as terrifying, but I don't! You saw how he saved me! He's like uh..... a uh....."

"Knight in shining armor?" Rewind finished with a smile. I snapped my fingers.

"Yes! That's the one!" I smiled. "Even if he's in Reformed Sparklet, I love him." It was Rewind's turn to sigh - not as happily as I had, however.

"Gater, you know as well as I do that Times don't last as long as a normal Cyberican." He wasn't wrong. The problem with my Sparklet was that even though Tailgate was alive and well when he gave his spark to the first Time Sparker, his spark was getting close to giving up. And the child itself was sickly. So they died at the age of 15. The longest living Time Sparker was 20, and was my father. I was gonna be lucky to reach 18, even with the Racer spark in me. I frowned.

"Which is exactly why I was having myself get someone to love first before I died. I want to start a family. I know I would probably die right after, but..." Rewind gave me a sad smile.

"And isn't that why you befriended us in the first place? To live your numbered days with fun?" I nodded. Rewind gave me a hug and I hugged him back. "Don't worry Gater, we'll help you." We soon let go and he smiled. "Now, let's finish up my video so we can meet up with Tireswerve. You know how he is when we're late." I laugh.

And I continued to think about him instead.