Chapter Eight - Tailgate

"Nnnng..." I groaned as a bright light reached my eyes. Was this it? Was it the end? I saw Cyclonus however, so the image of seeing Primacron quickly left my helmhead. I sat up, his strong arms helping me up.

"Are you okay, love?" He asked, concern and worry edging his voice. I rub my eyes as I turn to look at him.

"How...How long was I out?" I ask weakly. Oh wow. Maybe I WASN'T going to last another month.

"2... 2 months. I was worried you had passed away." My eyes widened. "I went and retrieved Headlight myself." Cyclonus went into a little carriage and pulled out a small bundle, handing it to me. I took it gently, and teared up at the sight.

Headlight had light brown skin, red eyes, and small, little curved horns with blonde hair. He looked confused and looked around the room as I held him close and cried. I missed my baby boy's birth. Worse, I was due to die at any given time. He will never remember me.

"Tailgate." I looked at my conjunx, who had a sad smile. "I will never let him forget you. I promise." I tried to calm down, but more tears came.

"He's beautiful..." I whisper, sniffling. He nodded, retaining the smile.

"Just like you." He took him from my arms and put him back into the carriage. "I had to let you see him. Before you left us."

"I know." I sob. To think I was leaving. "Cy...please...will you stay...please?" He nodded, the smile fading away.

"Both Headlight and I will stay. We will keep you company. We promise." I nodded. We nuzzled one last time. I kissed both their foreheads, and caressed Cyclonus's cheek once more.

"Remember what you said to me the first time we met?" He cocked his helmhead.

"Yes? I asked if you knew if I was a Nanobot. You told me that you didn't care cause I had just saved you from an abusive relationship." I smiled sadly, one last tear streaming down my cheek.

"I never said thank you." And with that, I flatlined as he screamed no, his final words to me grief stricken.