Chapter Seven - Cyclonus

Waiting is such a chore.

What is even the point of waiting? Tailgate could die any day now, and it was 6 months from his birthday with 2 months on the baby's development. I was still lucky I had even remembered that Brainstorm was doing such experiments.

"Cyclonus?" Tailgate took me out of my thoughts by calling my name. He was in a wheelchair, as he was getting weaker every day. "Brainstorm called. We can come and see the gender." I got off of the couch, putting my sharpened blade into it's sheath. Chromedome and Rewind had just had their children the other day, as it took a bit for the egg cell to accept our DNA.

Now ours was coming soon.

I wheeled Tailgate to Brainstorm's house, knocking politely. Brainstorm opened it immediately.

"Wait till you see what it is!" He said in a chipper sort of manner. I rolled my eyes and walk in, following Brainstorm as he led us to the chamber where the baby was growing. It looked almost fully developed. Brainstorm gave us the scans, and I believe I smiled for the first time in a while at the sight. Only a little bit however.

"It's a little boy..." Tailgate said wistfully. "A tiny little boy..."

"Tiny is a good word for him." I chuckled. I touched the glass of the growing device that held my son. "It seems that he has my horns." Sure enough, he had small horns protruding from his small head.

"I have a good name." Tailgate piped. I turned to him.

"What is it?"

"Headlight." I turn back to my small heir. Headlight...Yes, that was a fitting name.

"I like that." Brainstorm beamed at my reaction.

"I shall put Headlight Kati-Speeden into the log-"

"Just Speeden." I had recently proposed to Tailgate and we had eloped, taking his last name. I didn't want our son to be bullied for having a nanobot last name.

"Okej då." Brainstorm said as he wrote it down. "Just one more month to go. Then, Headlight will be in your arms." With that, Tailgate and I went back to our apartment.

"One more month." He smiled at me. I sighed.

"Why must it be that long. You can die at any moment." Tailgate chuckled, rolling up to me.

"True, but-" He suddenly faded away as he slumped in the chair. I ran to him.

"Tailgate?" No response. Had he... NO HE COULDN'T! "TAILGATE!!"