Chapter 7: Lucas

It's only Monday morning and suddenly I find myself wound so tight I feel like I could combust. Watching Jayne's ass sway in those pants as she left was just the icing on the cake that I now want to gorge myself on.

I know neither of us expected her. I expected a cold, judgemental twig. I expected to feel irritation, disinterest and borderline disgust.

Instead I feel a desire. A need to talk to her more and watch those lips as she smiles so chastely at me again.

As the door closes behind her I wonder just how innocent she really is. I mean I was ready to pounce a moment ago and she just sat there without a clue. Like willing prey just caught up in a chat with her new employers.

I feel a temporary regret thinking about what would have happened in this office had Declan not interrupted my thoughts earlier and I find myself clenching my hands into fists, unsure of what to do with myself.

I look back at Declan and smile because we both share the same stunned look as our mouths gape open in shock.

"Well?" I ask and grin at his expression. He looks downright confused.

"Holy shit, Lucas. What the fuck was that?" he asks incredulously.

Yep, he didn't expect her either.

"That was our little Jayne, Dec." I announce like I just discovered a new planet. "I caught her in the lobby and there was something about her that made me think we should have her up here, with us." I can't even stop the grin that is taking over my face.

"I can see that." Declan leans back in his chair, places his elbows on the arms and steeples his fingers together against his lips. "Are you sure she's Evelyn's daughter?"

"She is." I pause to let Declan sink into all of this new information then I test him to see if he is on the same page as I am or if I should go hunting on my own. "She is beautiful..." I trail off, waiting for him to add to my thought.

Declan remains still but lets his eyes roam around his desk at nothing in particular and I can tell he is apprehensive about considering Evelyn's daughter in that light. He seems more conflicted than I have seen him in a long time.

Decisions always come easy to Declan. That's what makes him an excellent business partner, but right now, I see uncertainty.

"Yes. She is." his voice is low as he agrees and his eyes meet mine.

We stare soberly at each other for a silent minute as we consider our unspoken conclusion.

Jayne is more than beautiful. She is exactly our type physically and she already displays some other characteristics that make both of us want to push her for more.

But she is Evelyn's daughter.

Fucking, Evelyn.

Now she is the very definition of succubus and we are entering into enemy territory.

I could tell that Declan was instantly attracted to her. He shifted so much while she sat before him that even I was getting uncomfortable.

Oh yes, we were definitely on the same page regarding Jayne. It was page one and I couldn't wait to get our story started.

And the best part about all of it. The part that will consume my thoughts until the moment we have her, is how unaware she is.

As willing as I know she will be in the end, right now I will savor the hunt. I get to test her, guide her and offer her all of the choices that will eventually lead her straight to the both of us.