1: 𝒊𝒇

[ triggering content ]☾︎

☾︎

My eyes flutter open, cold sweat trailing down the sides of my face as I recall the dream I've constantly been having. Not just a dream, rather, it was a nightmare. I've gotten used to seeing it over and over again but seeing your face, the emotions swirling within your eyes on that very night, it makes me feel miserable every single time.

Blood, concrete, the way your right hand softly caressed my face. You forced out a weak smile, trying to console me, the other desperately holding onto my trembling hands but I knew other than to think that you were going to be fine. You were in my arms then, a shimmer of hope flickering in your eyes for a split second as your fingers rubbed smooth circles into the back of my hand.

However, the very moment you started coughing out blood, I saw the light in your eyes dim down. You couldn't speak, a trail of red slipping down your lips. No words came out of your mouth.

Yet, I already understood what you were trying to say.

I'm sorry.

Eyes can tell. Your eyes told me those words. I'm sure of it.

I cry myself to sleep every single night. I dream of these horrid nightmares of you slipping away from my grasp over and over again. It hurts, so bad. Could I have saved you if I arrived earlier?

Maybe I could have.

I sit up, lightly massaging my forehead to ease the headache that I constantly have been getting these past few days. It's been two weeks since that incident. Still, I'm certain that even if a year would pass by, I still wouldn't be able to rid these thoughts off of my mind.

I spot my phone on the edge of the bed, seeing it suddenly light up with a notification. Leaning in closer to view the tiny words on the screen, my eyes narrow in confusion.

╭─────────╮

would you like to
relive your past with
park sunghoon?

╰─────────╯

☾︎