12: 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏

☾︎

☾︎

"Eunbi, why are you crying? Is there something wrong? Does your head hurt?" Jay bombarded her with questions.

The two panicked the moment they saw the tears slipping down Eunbi's face.

"I--sorry, must be the fever acting out. I'm okay," she assured them, forcing out a smile as she quickly wiped her tears with the back of her hand.

Sunghoon was silent for a while but one couldn't deny the concern in his eyes once he saw the girl break down into a crying mess right in front of him. As cheesy as it sounded, his eyes softened when he saw her crying. He wanted to ask her why, to wipe those tears away, but he couldn't. Not yet.

As Eunbi drank her medicine, she constantly glanced at Sunghoon and Jay had noticed it. After letting her drink water, he stood up and cleared his throat, taking a few steps away from the bed.

"Um, I have urgent business. Eunbi, eat the food and Sunghoon, you accompany her, alright? I'll be back in like ten minutes or something."

He walked out of the door shortly after which left Eunbi and Sunghoon alone in the quiet room. There was an awkward silence for a moment as both wondered who would be the one to break the ice first.

"I-" "You-"

They both spoke in unison.

Eunbi's cheeks flushed red. "Um, you go first," she urged.

Sunghoon gulped, suddenly feeling flustered after making eye contact with her. "Jay said that you helped me that night," he started.

"He did?" Eunbi's eyes widened. She remembered telling him to keep it a secret but of course, with Jay being such a tattletale, he managed to slip up.

"Well--yeah. I just...wanted to thank you and I'm sorry for causing trouble. You even had to carry me all the way to his house."

Eunbi's heart raced but she had to keep her cool in front of the boy. "Oh, it's no problem."

Sunghoon looked up, flashing her a soft smile that instantly made her swoon.

"Kang Eunbi, right? You're the one who keeps doodling pororo on the back of your notebooks."

☾︎