14: 𝒊𝒕

☾︎

☾︎

August 20, 2020

"Ugh, since when did I become a third-wheel?" Jay mumbled to himself as he watched the two walking in front of him.

The three had cotton candies in each hand. They were walking around the park, near Jay and Sunghoon's house, and luckily for them, there weren't that many people so the three of them enjoyed the peace while conversing about random things in their life.

"How long have you two known each other?" Sunghoon asked them.

Jay pursed his lips. "Hm, I think since seventh grade. Right, Eunbi? I moved to this neighborhood during that time and we were classmates back then."

"Just friends? Nothing else?" Sunghoon asked as he leaned in closer to the two, anticipating their answer.

Eunbi lightly slapped his shoulder. "Why would you even think of that? Of course, we're just friends."

Sunghoon nodded, crossing his arms. Was it the right time? Was there supposed to be a specific place he should take her before telling those words?

He couldn't wait any longer.

As if on cue, Jay received a call from his father. He returned a minute after, saying that he needed to run some errands and apologized for having to leave first.

"It's no problem. Take care, Jay."

The two waved him off and Sunghoon wanted to thank Jay's dad for being an angel in disguise. Feeling giddy all of a sudden, Sunghoon turned to Eunbi with another one of his heart-stopping smiles.

"Hey, Eunbi."

She turned to him, anticipating his words. "Hm?"

"I like you by the way. In case you didn't know."

☾︎