11: 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏.

☾︎

☾︎

"Her temperature was burning when we carried her to her room. Yes, don't worry auntie--yeah, she's fine. She's sleeping at the moment...Okay, bye. Take care, auntie."

Eunbi stirred awake from her slumber, hearing a familiar voice speaking in the background. She slowly peeked an eye open to see her surroundings. She was back in her room and tucked neatly in bed whilst Jay sat on a chair across her, typing away on his phone.

"Jay? What happened?" Eunbi sat up, groaning once she felt the after-effects of the fever. The headache was still there but it was slowly fading.

Jay immediately approached her and sat at the edge of her bed, wearing a concerned look on his face. "Are you okay? How are you feeling?"

"Water, please," Eunbi croaked out.

Jay instantly handed her the water jug that he had refilled earlier and she immediately downed the whole bottle, finally being relieved of the exsiccation in her throat.

"What happened?"

"You blacked out. You were sick and you didn't tell your mom. She was really worried, you dummy." Jay lightly flicked her forehead, making Eunbi flinch.

"Ouch, what the heck. Why do that to a sick person?" She glared at him, rubbing her forehead to ease the discomfort.

Jay huffed, "You're not sick anymore but seriously, you should take care of your health better."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever."

There was a gentle knock on the doorway. Eunbi and Jay turned their heads at the sound, seeing Sunghoon walk in with a tray of food. An array of biscuits, a glass of milk, sliced mango, and a bowl of chicken noodle soup sat on top of the tray.

He set it down gently on the bed before walking over to sit on the chair that Jay had been sitting on earlier. He cleared his throat and looked away, feeling a bit shy in front of the girl.

"Um, I brought food...just as Jay ordered."

The very moment Eunbi looked into Sunghoon's eyes, she couldn't stop the tears that began to fall. She couldn't help but break down in front of the two, recalling the bittersweet memories she once had with him. Presently, he was right there in front of her with no clue of what was about to happen.

I promise, Sunghoon.

This time I'll save you.

☾︎