9: 𝒂𝒏𝒅

☾︎

☾︎

August 9, 2020

Sunlight seeped in through the window, illuminating the corners of Eunbi's dark room. She slowly opened her eyes, hearing the faint sound of her mother cooking in the kitchen. She sat up, checking her phone to see if there were any messages but to no avail, there were none.

Truthfully, Eunbi didn't know what to do. How was she going to help Sunghoon if she didn't have a solid plan? If she didn't have a single clue of what was about to happen to him?

She closed her eyes, feeling another headache coming. Standing up, she grabbed one of her jackets in the closet and put it on before walking out of the room. For some reason, she felt cold, chills coursing through her body despite the hot weather.

"Eunbi, dear! Can you buy some eggs from Ms. Han?" Her mother approached her, holding out a few bills.

Eunbi nodded, grabbing the money and sluggishly walking out of the door. She sniffled, feeling an incoming cold. Gosh, I feel sick. What's happening to me? She thought to herself as she hugged her jacket closer to her body.

After walking a few blocks, she arrived at her neighbor's doorstep and knocked a few times. The door opened, revealing a woman that looked to be in her senior years. The moment she recognized Eunbi, a huge grin appeared on her face.

"Eunbi, darling!" The old woman exclaimed, pulling her in for a hug. Eunbi politely smiled back at the old woman. "Good morning grandma, mom wants to buy some eggs."

"Come inside, dear. I cooked some pancakes, bring some for your mother as well." The old woman urged her to go inside.

Frankly, Eunbi just wanted to hurry and go home to rest. She wasn't feeling well at the moment but she couldn't turn down the offer, it would be impolite. Unaware that a certain boy who was passing by had heard their conversation, Eunbi entered the house cluelessly.

He was right there.

Sunghoon paused for a moment when her name was mentioned, realization crossing his face.

"Eunbi?"

☾︎