7: 𝒚𝒐𝒖

☾︎

☾︎

Later that night, Eunbi flopped down on her bed in exhaustion. She had carried Sunghoon to the nearby house of her neighborhood friend, Jay, though it was quite a struggle to carry the unconscious male on her back. Moreover, Jay and Sunghoon were already close friends so she felt that he would be more comfortable at his place than hers.

She administered first aid on his wounds and hoped that he didn't have any other underlying pain. From the looks of it, he didn't have any major injuries. Just the cuts and bruises he received from being possibly beaten up.

She thanked Jay and told him to keep her name a secret before leaving. As much as she wanted Sunghoon to acknowledge that she was the one who had saved him, it wasn't the right time. She wanted their first meeting to be a proper one and didn't want Sunghoon to feel like he had to repay her for helping him.

Her mother was deeply worried when she came back with patches of blood on her shirt from Sunghoon's cuts so she told her about what had happened that night.

"Do you know the name of this young man?" Her mother asked.

Eunbi nodded in reply, "He's my previous classmate, Sunghoon."

"Do you like him?"

Eunbi almost choked on her saliva, her cheeks blushing a light shade of red. "Mom, why are you even asking me such a question?"

"Your eyes twinkle when you talked about him and I know you, you wouldn't carry a guy on your back like that if he wasn't important. Even if he was that injured," her mom answered, a teasing smile on her lips.

"That's the thing! He was injured that's why I helped him," Eunbi reasoned.

"Dear, you could have called the ambulance or called someone else when you saw him lose consciousness. Why carry him all the way to Jay's?" Her mother questioned.

Eunbi averted her gaze, a defeated look on her face. She knew the answer very well. The tips of her ears were colored a furious red as her mother continued to attack her with teasing words.

She liked him. That was for sure.

And Sunghoon once reciprocated her feelings as well.

☾︎