Chapter Five

Chapter 5

Season 2, Episode 1

The locker room was pretty much empty that night. Luckily, I wasn't on the night shift and could go home to sleep for a couple of hours. I pull my hoodie out of my locker and look at it. I don't feel like a woman anymore, I change from my scrubs to my hoodie, then back to my scrubs and back to my hoodie again.

I should try wearing nicer clothes before people think I'm homeless... which I kind of am since I haven't found a place to live yet other than Alex's apartment which I have been avoiding going back to. I've been sleeping in on-call rooms but I really need to go get a new change of clothes.

I give in and pull the hoodie over my head, changing out my gross scrubs. As I'm finishing I hear Izzie, who is on the night shift tonight.

"Hey, you going home?" She asks walking over to her locker which is right next to mine and grabbing her stethoscope and something to put her hair up with.

"Kind of. I don't really have a place yet so all my stuff is at Alex's." I explain and she nods slowly looking as if she's thinking about something.

"Well, I know it's not really my place but Meredith has a really big house, I'm sure if you ask her she'll let you say. George and I live there too." She says before walking over to the bathroom. I think about it for a moment. I like Meredith and hopefully, she likes me. No harm in asking.

"Let me see it." I hear her say as she walks into the bathroom. After George punched Alex, he got a massive bruise over his eye. I know it's terrible to say, but that ass had it coming and I'm honestly disappointed I didn't do it myself. "No lacerations, normal swelling. George really knocked you around." Izzie says and I can hear the smile on her face.

"The guy's a lightweight. I could've pinned him in a second if I wanted." Alex whines and I scoff at that but he doesn't hear me from the other side of the wall.

"Yeah? So why didn't you?" Izzie asks.

"Are you kidding? I'm riding a career in plastics all the way to the bank. I can't afford to injure these babies." He says no doubt referring to his hands. "Especially over someone like O'Malley."

"You had it coming." She jokes walking back out of the bathroom and we look at each other trying not to laugh.

"The dude punches like my sister." He says and I turn toward him as he walks out of the bathroom.

"I'm right here," I say holding my arms out.

"So by your definition, you got beat up by a girl?" Izzie says and he chuckles but not because he thought it was funny before walking out. As Izzie walks by me to leave the room we high five.

When I was finished changing and had my stuff I went to the elevator and started making my way to the exit. On my way there I bumped into George and Christina who said Meredith told them she was at the bar across the street. I really wanted to sleep but I want to get out of Alex's apartment as soon as possible, so I'll ask Meredith if I can move in.

We walk across the street and into the bar and the moment George walks through the doors people start clapping and applauding for him. I smile as we start to take off our jackets. A larger man walks up to him smiling.

"So, Alex finally got what was coming to him?" He says and Cristina nods for George who didn't seem interested in celebrating his victory.

"George knocked him to the ground in one punch." She brags for him but he cuts her off as we sit at the bar next to Meredith and the man walks behind the bar, he must work here.