Chapter Eight

Chapter 8

Season 2, Episode 4

Interns are so stupid, and by that I mean I'm stupid. Me, the intern who is sitting at Joe's bar with a beer when I know I have work tomorrow. Why are we so stupid, I mean, really. I sit with George and Meredith at a table while we wait for Izzie to come back with her drink.

When I look over at the bar I can see her looking at something. I turn to follow her sight and spot my brother playing darts, who looks back at her and winks. I roll my eyes before standing up and walking over to the bar. I step right in front of her line of sight and she snaps out of her trance.

"Really?" I ask her and she shakes her head turning back to the bar.

"What?" She asks and I laugh.

"You know exactly what. You have the hots for my brother and believe me, you do not want to go there." I say and her cheeks flush in embarrassment.

"I'm not! We're...friends." I purse my lips and she looks at me. I raise my eyebrows and she knows I'm not convinced.

"Just be careful, okay? You seem like the kind of girl who falls in love way too easy and-" I start but she cuts me off.

"Hey!" She says and I smile.

"Sorry, but it's true, and it's not even an insult. All I'm saying is my brother doesn't do relationships." I put quotation marks in the air before grabbing an olive from the bar and putting in in my mouth. "Just, think about it before you act on it," I say walking back to the table and sitting down, Izzie following shortly after with her drink in hand.

"When I left, Cristina said she was okay," George says eating cashews in the center of the table and I take a swig of my beer.

"Nobody goes through what she went through and is totally over it by now." Izzie states and George shrugs.

"Cristina can."

"She's fine," Meredith says stirring her drink but Izzie is still unconvinced.

"Too fine. She's cold."

"No, she's hard-core. She's got ice in her veins. She does what she has to to get through." George says taking a drink as Izzie goes soft.

"She lost a baby. She lost a fallopian tube and she's acting like she doesn't even care." I tilt my head when Izzie says that.

"But, if she wasn't planning on keeping it, maybe she's not thinking of it as a baby," I suggest and Izzie shakes her head.

"She's acting like she has no emotion though. You have to have some feelings. She's acting like she's missing a soul."

"God, she's gonna make a great surgeon," George says to himself and Izzie looks at him in disbelief.

"George!"

"I mean, he's not wrong," I say taking a drink.

"You show no weakness, you make it to the top." He explains himself and Meredith speaks.

"Some people just keep their feelings to themselves." She says plainly and I nod in agreement.

∞∞∞∞∞∞

We arrived at work early the next day for rounds. I could feel the slight hangover lingering and giving me a headache but I ignored it and pushed through the morning. We followed Bailey to a number of her patients and Cristina who is currently a patient even hijacked one and we had to kick her out. That girl does not understand the definition of bed rest.