one;

'are you naturally this much of a pain, or do you try?'

'p'nineeee' joong whined ' i'm struggling, please will you help me? p'nine stop sleeping'

nine slowly raised his heavy head, and rubbed his tired face. as he began to wake up properly, his gaze met joong, and never in his life had he been more grateful to have two working eyes.

joongs hair sat messily on top of his head, falling slightly in front of his deep chocolate eyes, delicately touching the tips of his eyelashes, and his little pout was starting to become more of a grin, clearly realising he had caught the elders attention.

he looked messy, sure, but to nine, every little feature was perfect.

he took a mental picture, wishing he could capture this moment forever, when he realised he had been staring blankly at his nong for much too long now.

as much as he wanted to sleep, nine knew joong needed his help on this project, and he also knew he couldn't say no to the boy, even if he wanted to.

'mph, fine, but you owe me'

'noted'

————

hours passed, much slower than both boys had hoped, and before they knew it, they were eating into the early hours of the morning.

'...and so basically what they really want you to understand is the thinking behind this right? joong?'

no reply.

nine looked up from the page, wondering why he was being so quiet, only to see joong lying his upper body across the table, clearly fast asleep.

nine found himself smiling at the scene in front of him. joong had laid his head across his arm to try and cushion it, and it made him laugh to himself

he's such a dork

they had been staying with eachother even more than usual this summer, as they would be starting university in september, and wanted to get used to living around eachother, before completely throwing themselves in the deep end.

nine enjoyed the company. it was nice to have someone around all the time, it made him feel safe, especially because that someone was joong.

joong

it hit him that it would probably be a good idea to get joong into bed, so he didn't strain his neck from the uncomfortable position, but didn't really have any idea how to move him.

standing up, nine attempted to grab him from under his arms, but with no avail.

'why do you have to be so heavy' he muttered.

joong, who occasionally slipped out a whine or some incoherent words, seemed pretty uncooperative, which only frustrated nine more.

after many more failed attempts, nine decided it would be best to wake him up and make him move himself into bed, as he didn't seem to be having much luck with the sleeping boy

'joong' he whispered, and tapped him on his shoulder.

'joong, wake up would you' he spoke louder this time.

joong winced, slowly beginning to stir, before letting out a loud groan.

'p'nineeeeee, take me to the bed'

nine huffed. he might love this man, but he wasn't sure his arms could withstand dragging joong all the way to the bed.

'you're really going to owe me after this one'

—————

A/N: hello!! i'm sorry if this was bad and full of mistakes i wrote and published this at 3am so don't mind me 🥺🥺

i think i have a pretty good idea of where this is going, and i know i haven't really given you much yet but i hope you like it!!!

if you read this far i love you <3

have a good morning/day/night 💓💓