four;

3 days and one painfully long car journey later, joong and nine had finally arrived at their new accommodation. both boys carefully got themselves out the car, making their way round to the drivers side, opposite their new home.

nine gawked at the building. it was quite narrow and towered high into the sky, seemingly grazing the clouds. he probably should have mentioned his hatred for heights to joong sooner, but it was maybe just slightly too late now.

although he hadn't said a word, joong seemed to have suddenly clocked this fact.

'you don't like heights do you? shit i cant believe i didn't think of this before' he looked over at nine, before rubbing his face, deep in thought.

nine managed to force a strangled laugh, glancing away from joong.

'it's okay, i'm sure i'll be fine! what floor is it?' he enquired, a hint of terror in his voice.

'the 19th..'

nine gripped onto his shirt, and visibly gulped, before turning back to joong, a smile on his face.

'it won't be a problem, i'm sure!'

joong quirked his brows, clearly suspicious of his friends words.

'are you sure? we can always swap with ben and earth, they're only on the third floor, or even pavel and d-'

'joong' nine began, making his way over to him ' i promise you i'll be fine, okay?' he whispered placing his hand on his nongs shoulder gently.

joong took a deep breath, giving him a small nod, and slowly stepped back to go and begin bringing the boxes inside.

——————

the hallways were full of what nine presumed were other students who were also getting to grips with adult life, ready for the start of university. he paced slightly behind joong, both of them clutching two boxes each as they walked. the smell of alcohol and teenagers filled nines nose, making him hiss in disgust, achieving stares from all around, as they continued on.

many trips back and forth through the sea of 'adults' later, and they had finally finished loading the boxes into the flat. the second he was given the chance, joong flopped effortlessly down onto the bed, groaning loudly as nine attempted to pull him back up.

'there is no way i'm unpacking this shit alone' he muttered, yanking at joongs arms 'you cant sleep yet'

'p'nine' he whined 'we don't have to do it all today'

joong looked up to where nine was stood, still gripping at his sleeves, and could see the anger burning inside of him. with one final sigh, he allowed his p' to drag him back from the bed, and over to the many boxes stacked by the door.

'shall we do the kitchen or living room' nine quizzed, as he started to unstack the boxes.

'why don't we do our bedroom instead? it's where we will be spending most of our time anyway' joong replied.

the elder paused for a moment, placing a heavy box down to the floor.

'our bedroom?' he mumbled, meeting joongs eyes, only to see joong snickering back at him.

'what do you mean our bedroom?' he mumbled through his laughter 'you've already seen it' he pointed back through the doorway, to the bed nine had just separated him from.

nine stood there, mouth agape, while thoughts raced around his mind. they were going to be sharing a room? how had he not realised this until now? why had no one told him?