> ad astra per aspera <

ad astra per aspera 

to the stars

through difficulties 

PLEASE READ THE SOLDIER OF STARS BEFORE THIS BOOK!!

hazel parker has been wounded in battle, more severely than she has ever been before. waking up inside of a field hospital was not how she has expected her evening to end up going. away from all her friends, away from easy company, away from catherine, away from lizzie, away from joe. she wasn't there anymore, she wasn't fighting that battle. she was here in a field hospital, fighting with the demons that played ball in her head. fighting with the reality that she wasn't in the war anymore with the enemy but with herself. 

the stars were there to comfort her though.

they always were.

hazel finds herself thrust into a new reality of war; the struggle of the combat medics and nurses behind the lines. with the help of a nurses' corps members, by the name of amelia beckett, hazel slowly recovers and gets back on her feet, but the process of recovery is not an easy one, especially not alone. her own personal struggle of recovery to get back to where she had started and to get back to easy company, to get back to her family. to get back to the men and women she loved. 

catherine mccown does not fare well knowing that the little sniper that has become like a sister to her, is injured, pulled from the line and stuck in a tiny hospital, shivering, alone and upset, with easy company. 

elizabeth elliot does not fare well knowing that she couldn't do a thing to save the sniper who was like a sister to here, watching as she cried out in the terror and fear that lizzie had hoped to never see on the woman's face. 

joseph liebgott does not fare well knowing that he's sitting in a foxhole, holding the tiny, golden chain bracelet of hazel's and she's not sitting there beside him telling him about the stars. he's upset that she's not here and instead she's in a field hospital, alone.

easy company sits in wait as hazel parker sits in a field hospital, struggling to face the reality of the situation, of the pain in her side, of the mental battle she now faces, and the struggle to get back to war and to her family. 

this is her fight back to the company she loves, back to easy company.

but hazel finds solace in the stars. 

she always does.

- even through her difficulties that accompany her journey back to easy and back to her family. 

the stars were always there for her, even if she wasn't there for herself. 

_______________________________________

hi! welcome to the sequel to the soldier of stars, ad astra per aspera. i have been so excited to unveil this book, especially with how lengthy the other has gotten. i felt this was a pivotal enough point to start off the new book own, so we truly see hazel's struggles in war, put to light. the beginning of this books deals with that struggle and her return to easy before eventually seeing the end of the war and the horrors that accompany it. if you've joined me this far on the journey, i have never been happier to be here with you!! thank you!! <3