28 | ve day

" Life should not only be lived, it should be celebrated

" Life should not only be lived, it should be celebrated."

- Osho

✰✰✰

The next morning, there was no real schedule to what was currently happening, just soldiers wandering around Berchtesgaden, searching for more wine and beer, hungover, scrounging for food, or pleading to the medics for pain meds. They wandered through the town or they'd head up to the Eagle's Nest and pass out in an upstairs bed with a bottle of gin in their hand. It was quite the sight. Lizzie by that morning had administered more medicine for headaches than she ever had. She glanced at Gene as a replacement finally walked out with water and the pain meds.

" Don't be getting drunk on me too." she said pointing at Gene with a raised brow.

" Don't worry, I won't have time with all these guys coming in." Gene said with a smirk, as he hauled up another box and pulled out more pain meds.

What a coincidence.

" Oh thank God." the two heard a voice say and they looked over to see Catherine coming in, holding a hand to her head. Lizzie slowly stepped past the box she had and met Catherine.

" You ok, Cath?" Lizzie asked her.

" I have the worst hangover, Lizzie, and guess what sorta bullshit I went through when I woke up? My period came back." Catherine said. Lizzie raised a brow and then glanced at Gene who had been listening.

" Oh, hey, sorry Gene." Catherine said before putting her hands in her face.

" I'm so miserable." Catherine sighed.

" Well, this is why when we drink, there's something called doing it responsibly." Lizzie offered, wrapping an arm over Catherine's shoulder and leading her to a bed.

" I know, but Lizzie....." Catherine sighed.

" I know but Lizzie what?" Lizzie asked as she dug in for pain meds.

" It tasted good." Catherine sighed. Lizzie raised a brow.

" Right, well take some of these now, and start drinking water, you're dehydrated." Lizzie said as Catherine took them.

" And still slightly drunk." Gene offered as he walked up with a glass of water. Catherine sighed.

" Alright, you two, give me the pep talk." Catherine said. Lizzie glanced at Gene.

" I think we've both already done that." Lizzie offered. Catherine sighed.

" Right, back at-"

" Aldbourne, correct." Lizzie said.

" Damn you medics." Catherine grumbled, as she rubbed her aching head. Lizzie and Gene laughed.

" Go get some rest, half the guys came in tipsy in all sorts." Lizzie said.