21 | germany

" A soft spirit in a hard world

" A soft spirit in a hard world."

- Unknown

✰✰✰

Hazel stared hard at herself in the mirror and Shifty was beside her staring in the mirror, just as equally stone faced.

" Are you two just gonna sit there and stare at each other, or let me cut your hair?" Joe asked behind them, a bit annoyed if he were honest. The two snipers, as quiet and humble as they were, were cautious in decision making, careful if you will.

" Still thinking." she said, just knowing it would annoy Joe. She smirked.

" Just the sides, Joe, a bit," Shifty said as he leaned back, " and the top a bit, but keep it pretty much the same."

" At least someone can make a decision." Joe said and Hazel giggled.

In the past few weeks, Hazel had found herself coming out of the aggravating slump of the post-Bastogne era which had overtaken her life it seemed. She was thankful she noticed the little things in life, for she was beginning to accept happiness again, and the fact that there were moments in life, sad moments, but they didn't dare define her as a person. And the boys were always there for each other and for the women, and it was always a great group that managed to put a smile onto Hazel's face, without fail. She had been hanging around with everyone more, even if that meant not looking to the stars like she had been doing, but she felt that was okay - they'd always be there.

" You couldn't decide between the chocolate or vanilla the other day, Joe," she said and she heard Joe scoff as he began work on Shifty's hair cut.

" Did not, it was easy, chocolate over vanilla any day." Joe said as a snip from his scissors occurred. Hazel smirked.

" Not what happened," Hazel said softly and Joe smirked.

" Why? Care to let Shifty bare witness to this?" Joe said.

" Please just don't take out an eye." Shifty pleaded to Joe.

" Well in Swindon-" Hazel started.

" I brought out one of those Hershey chocolate bars-" Joe continued as Hazel glared.

" And he offered me the rest-"

" Which further my point in that chocolate is the better option over vanilla-"

" And that you most definitely did not say chocolate yesterday at the counter." Hazel scoffed as Joe chuckled.

" Did too." Joe said back to her.

" You want to duke it out after? I'd prefer to not have a botched haircut by tomorrow." Shifty said as the trio broke into chuckles.

" Don't worry, Shift," Joe said before looking at Hazel who sat in her chair, " may the most convincing win."