Part 2 : Burning bliss

A man in his early thirties was strolling in the crowded sandy lanes of the beach. Anyone who'd cross him would be moved by the ruthless demeanour he carried. His eyes carried the uncanny darkness and a mind too chaotic to acknowledge anyone's presence with a smile.

Time wouldn't define him as heartless or callous but a person too numb to feel something. He was still human enough to notice the presence of people around him but too tired to acknowledge. What used to make him tired was the world. He was drained emotionally and mentally. People would be nothing than a puppet running for money, for fame and for the fakeness of everything that could give them some sort of materialistic superiority.

He worshipped his work for it was the only thing he could call his own. He used to work indefatigably yet never get tired of working. Moments in his life were too less when he'd be genuinely happy, not out of winning a business deal but someone's love.

Every day coming to this place sharp at 6 was a routine. He'd never miss seeing the sunset for it was the only time his heart wanted to believe in hope. The hues of pink and orange painting the sky red giving it's gazers' a hope. Shoving his hands in pocket, he looked straight at the setting sun. Ram with hopeful eyes looked at the colours which were clearly missing in his life.

The sky turned dark so did his eyes turned into a burning flare as reality dawned upon him that this is what it is. His lips curved into a smirk while a lone tear kissed his cheeks. Neither he bothered to wipe it off his cheeks nor his bodyguards or anyone dared to ask him anything. He was a lonely man.

---------------

Her eyes glistened and a huge smile broke her face. There a small little girl who was trying to propel up to the level of the shop to get her strawberry candy. Priya smiled seeing the girl giggling and jumping to talk with the owner. She made her way to the little girl and squatted to her level.

"Hey princess, can I help you?" she asked sweetly.

"Aunty I need that strawberry candy but uncle is not listening to me because I'm small na," the girl said sadly.

Priya adored the little girl. She was a chubby and bubbly little girl and she somehow reminded her of her childhood days.

"Aww, I'll get you that" Priya suggested but the little girl was asked by her parents' not to take anything from strangers. She nodded her head sideways indicating she wouldn't want that but pouted cutely as resistance to her favourite candy was difficult. Priya understood her dilemma.

"Don't worry your parents won't scold you as you're little girl na and parents love their little ones" Priya tried making her understand. Priya knew it wasn't right but it was too hard for her to see the little girl sad. The mere assurance was enough for the girl who was craving her favourite candy. Jumping, squealing and dropping a few kisses on Priya's cheek, the little girl ran towards where her parents' were sitting on the sand.

Priya who a few minutes before was standing motionlessly staring at the skyline aimlessly was now filled with warmth. She prayed silently that the little girl doesn't lose her innocence and be brave enough to face the wrath of this world.

Her eyes roamed around noticing the usually crowded beach. Some were with their partners, some with their friends, some with their family and there was he, an unusual man, all alone surrounded by his bodyguards. She has been observing this person for some days. He used to come daily sharp at 6, just like her. Sit all alone and lost in his own thoughts, just like her.

She noticed how his shoulders slumped downwards, maybe too tired to carry the burden. The way his eyes turned dark in the flicker of a second surprised her. She somehow wanted to know the reason for this man's sadness but every time shrugged the thought. She knew what solitude meant and surely wouldn't want to disturb anyone's.

She walked to her favourite spot and sat there for some hours until her back started hurting because of sitting straight for too long. She had nothing to look forward to after this but a night too hard to pass. She wished there was somebody to share such nights with.

Every day is a downpour,
Every day is a struggle.
I wish I had you,
to make it a little real.

------------------

Hey guys. I know it's a very slow-paced update but I wanted to first make you guys understand how their lives are. I'll write more raya scenes surely in the next part and hope you stick through.

Do vote and let me know how it is, it's really encouraging. Also, you guys are so nice and supportive, I'm just too overwhelmed by it all xD

Love.