Part 20 : Cold mess

He wiped off the tears from his eyes and pouted grumpily at the prevailing silence between them. Things seemed settled in his heart, rendering a satisfied smile on his face.

"I want to do something", Ram uttered after sitting quietly for long in his thoughts.

"Something what?" Priya asked him strangely. This man surely is unpredictable, one moment ago he was crying and now he's back to his demanding mood, she laughed but was happy to see him relaxed.

"Something like I haven't done before. I feel liberated today", his eyes scanned the beach as it seemed less crowded. The moon was up, caressing their silhouette from past by its beguiling beauty.

An idea came to his mind, "Come", he chuckled and pulled Priya up along with him.

They walked until the cool triples of water hit their feet sending shivers up their spine and then they breathed a new life. The Arabian sea looked beautiful under the enchanting spell of the moon and their reflection twinkled in buoyancy.

"What are we doing?" Priya giggled and squirmed as the cold clashes hit her feet.

"I know it'll be too kiddish but I have seen people doing it so close your eyes and spread your arms wide", Ram said opening his arms to embrace his life for the first time.

"Ram come on, we are not kids", Priya chuckled crossing her arms on her chest.

"Arey", Ram groaned moving behind Priya. He took her arms in his, disengaging her crossed arms and held them wide open along with his.

"Now close your eyes and enjoy this time", he whispered bending down close to her ear. His hot breath fanning on her neck made her shiver more involuntarily.

Staring at the endless expanse of sea, they didn't know what the future beholds but this moment felt right.

"Breathe and let go", Ram spoke, holding her hands in his. 

Their shoulders touched, their breath hitched and they felt weak at knees but they had each other's support. The moment felt so surreal and for some time nothing mattered more to them. Even though they lacked realisation, they were ready to hold on to each other.

---------------

It was already late so Priya asked Ram to stay over for dinner at her place to which Ram happily obliged.

"You sit here and I'll prepare something for us", Priya suggested after freshening up and moved towards the kitchen.

The day had already been a little overwhelming for him which caused sleep to drug him the moment he relaxed on the couch in the hall.

Meanwhile, Priya moved towards the kitchen and engrossed herself in coking something nice for the dinner. Cooking skills were something she inherited from her mother and over the years she mastered it. She smiled and started preparing food.

A little later, she heard faint sounds coming from the hall. At first, she ignored them but then she heard a shriek and recognised the voice to be of Ram's. Cleaning her hands and closing the lid, she hurried towards the hall. Ram had sweat beads on his forehead and he was heavily panting.

"Are you fine?" Priya asked making her way towards him.

"I guess, it was just a bad dream", Ram whispered. 

Priya handed him a glass of water as Ram relaxed a bit. "You fine now? I heard you scream", she asked comforting him.

"Yeah. It was just that I saw flashes of my childhood and the longing of my favourite toy being snatched from my hands", Ram flinched immediately.