Part 16 : Come closer

The moment he laid his eyes on her, he lost control over his senses. She looked ethereal beauty like a pure and divine lady. He started breathing unevenly, there was something he was feeling. Something too unfathomable but something too sweet to actually give into. He wasn't ready but was still drowning himself into those dove eyes.

"You look beautiful", Ram said looking into her eyes and walked to open the side door for her.

Priya sat inside with her eyes on the ground and a sly smile her face carried. As Ram slipped on the driver's side, the engine ignited with his pounding thoughts. Priya fiddled into her thoughts while averting her gaze from the road to Ram occasionally and her mind was running into uneasy thoughts.

Their hearts reverberated the known and unknown, one heart was feeling something while the other didn't really wish to. Ending the tug of war between his heart and words, Ram initiated finally putting an end to the silence between them.

"I hope you enjoy the evening", he spoke trying to hide his smile.

"I guess I will since I have a great company", Priya reacted to his flirty tone.

"By the way, I didn't really know what you like so I asked the cooks to prepare my favourites", he spoke while more of looking out for an acknowledgement from her.

He gave her a cheeky smile making Priya blush a little in ignorance. What was this even, her mind questioned her but she preferred her heart over the mind.

"I like to have salads usually for dinner", Priya replied biting her inner cheek in repressing her grin which was ready to break into her face anytime.

A shock transpired as Ram hurried his gaze from the road to Priya and mentally punched himself for not asking her choice before. "What even...shit, I didn't know that. I'm sorry", he murmured.

Before he could hurl her up with his apology of messing it up with his choices, the car resonated with her laughter and he understood she was up with her another tease.

"Wait till I get back at you for this", he faked anger and speeded the car towards his home.

All throughout the drive, he would gaze at the lost Priya who was sniffing the after rain smell and her hair strands shading her beautiful face from his stare.

Priya straightened up as a beautiful house came into her view and the huge mansion gates opened as the car slipped in. She was astounded to see how elegant the place looked like, just like a white palace with a long driveway and a gorgeously lit garden. She was smitten by it already.

"Priya we're here", Ram spoke as he leaned shaking her trance. She didn't realise when Ram opened the door for her and called her out. They moved in the house as the servants standing by the door for their welcome, greeted her with a gracious smile.

Ram went by to take her to every corner of the house and describe her of it all. Priya could see how excited he was to have her at his home. Moreover, the way he was treating her was making her happier.

But something caught her mind and she stopped in tracks as Ram moved forward to show her his room.

"Ram, you live alone?" Priya asked him standing there confused.

Ram turned back towards her and she noticed the sudden change in his expressions, from happy to sad. "Yes", Ram mumbled in a painful tone.

"Your family?" Priya asked further but regretted seeing his raged expressions.

"No", he answered back indifferently as he fisted his hand to resist the memory of the trauma he had gone through due to missing parents'.

Seeing his teared up eyes, she instantly moved to his side and took his fisted palm in her hold to comfort him. Her Midas-touch soothed his heart and he started relaxing back.