Part 3 : You don't see it

Pages flipping from her diary left open on the window, giving the curious eyes a glance of her thoughts - "There are so many people in this world yet I feel so lonely. My heart wishes to find that one soul who'll take it all away into sweet nothingness."

The next day was followed by a usual routine for Priya. She rushed her way from her apartment to reach office on time. Her boss wasn't one of the strict types but she was surely the punctual one.

Hurrying her way through the cubicles, she jumped on her seat before catching some eyeballs. A part of her always avoided those small talks but whenever those came she was polite enough to nod her way out with a smile.

She seemed to be a kind person, a person filled with goodness. She smirked at the thought that at least someone has some opinion about her while she had none.

She exhaled in and out heavily, rubbed her palm together trying to pacify the sweatiness her anxious self suddenly released.

---------------

The clock finally ticked to 5:45 pm. Putting her belongings in the bag she pressed the red button, waiting for it to come down to the third floor. Today was one of those days when for no reason she desperately wished to get out of those four walls. She wanted to breathe and let go.

The beach was close to her office so she preferred walking. She believed that sometimes you need to get out of your luxury cars and enjoy these little things.

As the office time was over, a huge crowd was moving in. She hastened her way through them to her spot. She hates whenever she finds someone occupying her favourite space but obviously she didn't own it to grumble.

But today was surely not her day. She groaned and dejectedly walked to find herself some other spot. She was half cursing her fate but nevertheless, she was not a person who'd crib for hours and today was surely not the day she wished to. The day was already a little too much for her.

Searching for a place, her eyes landed on him, the unusual man, the one she has been noticing for quite a few days. She wasn't a person who'll stalk someone but there was something in him which startled her chaos, unravelling her soul.

Her eyes moved from his face to his entire figure. As the descending sun rays fell upon him, his face glistened. His shadow seemed to betray the soul caged by his own demons shouting to break free. The heart ready to loosen up its strings into the boundless fire that haunts the sky. And eyes like the ocean filled with endless unfulfilled desires drooping into the sea of blood. His eyes incarcerated her soul.

Dropping her stuff on the ground, she settled herself close to where she can get a clear glimpse of him. She wondered did he even notice her gawking him or she'll again become the unheard soul as she has been for others'.

---------------

It was past 6:30 pm and the sun started setting, painting it into the blue of clearest of the sky, wanting to howl in thunders with water droplets waiting to kiss those cheeks and take away tears into new promises to behold.

Ram raised his eyebrows with confused eyes as if asking the sky what is in store for today, the sudden changing colours tinting his grey into newly found colours when all he wished to burn red. The sky turned more dark blue telling as it would be his another muse. He chuckled as his lips curved into a soft smile, thanking it for always answering his thoughts.

His thoughts were disturbed by the ringing of his cell phone. The beast in him that dormanted for some time was now awakened by the disturbance. He had given his office strict orders to not disturb him this time. He picked up the call and scolded his secretary for calling him at this time.

Cutting the call, he got more irritated now. He never liked somebody disturbing him when he was at the beach. He roughly pushed his phone back into his trouser's pocket, only to let it fall.

Signalling his bodyguards who were very well aware of his sir's mood, started making their way out behind him from the beach.

Priya who was a mere spectator noticed how his expression changed suddenly from peaceful to that of a roaring beast. She wondered what caused this abrupt change but her thoughts were disturbed when her eyes landed on the black iPhone dropped carelessly on the ground. It went unnoticed by him as she saw him moving towards the exit.

Getting off her trail, she immediately picked it up and ran behind him to match his stride. At last, reaching nearby to him, she huffed and shouted, "you dropped your phone".

Ram who was going to sit in his car turned around slowly taking in the sudden noise. His eyebrows knotted in confusion seeing the lady in front of him staring at him.

"Hi, I was actually, um.." Priya shuttered under his intense look, with his phone held out in her palm.

"Excuse me, what?" His eyes still locked with her's, totally avoiding his phone held in her hand.

"Actually I saw you sitting over there...no I mean I was sitting nearby to where you were and then the call and you got irritated..." Priya started mumbling trying to make some sense. Her eyes holding him captive.

This time Ram glared at her, totally being irritated by her. It was enough for her to get out of her trance.

"Your phone" she finally spoke.

Finally, his eyes moved down to her hand which held his phone. Without wasting a single moment Ram signalled his bodyguard to fetch the phone from her hand and turned back again to get inside his car.

At last, gathering her lost self, she spoke "excuse me" stunned by his rude behaviour. She was startled that he didn't even think to thank her once as it was for her who ran towards him otherwise he would have lost his phone.

Rolling his eyes at her he turned to face her again. This lady had some nerves he thought.

"What do you now want to give me back?" he spoke with no remorse filled in his voice.

"I did give you your phone back which you carelessly dropped there. I think a thank you won't do any harm to your ruthless self" she retorted.

"THANK YOU" Ram spoke with a voice too heavy trying to scare her off. Instead, he received an icy glare from her, making him understand she wasn't a person who'd bend down in front of him.

He was astounded to see the woman still standing so strong, not moved by his sheer dominance. Nevertheless, he got into the car, not indulging into another icy war any further, completely ignoring her presence.

She saw his car zoomed out from her gaze, catching up with the evening traffic.

She started walking back towards her office with a smile adorned on her face as if nothing had happened a few minutes ago. Little was she hurt by his behaviour to hold on to the bitterness.

Though her mind was now occupied by this man's thoughts and not her own chaos...

Your burning desire to bleed,
my blooming lilies not so bleak,
our chaos untouched and unwanted,
together unwinding the passion,
into new love songs.

---------------

Hey, guysss! Another slow-paced one, woww and sorry 🥺 but as I promised I did give you a raya scene. Future updates will have more scenes of raya and then it'll be just about these two cuties. They'll be the sweetness 🤭❤️❤️

I really hope you like it. Please do vote and comment, it's really encouraging to know how you guys feel about it and also a lot helpful.

I'm working upon my skills right now, trying to give you guys better updates and tbh it feels nice to engage myself in writing when I have literally nothing new going on in life. Sorry for oversharing, yikes. Tada.

Lots of love,
Riley ❤️❤️❤️❤️