Part 7 : Letting go

Bring me something,
only to be nothing.

This was not what she wanted but at times you can't save yourself from being misunderstood. Some stay and wait for your explanation but some are hurt way beyond to actually stay.

A mistake needn't be small or big, a lie is a lie and it can't be bounded by the adequacy of your rationale. And then all you can hope is for your last chance, only if you get it.

She sighed and got inside her car in disappointment. The engine roared in resentment as she screeched the accelerator harder. Her hands trembled to get the hold of the steering wheel and a thin layer of moistness forming at the base of her eyes. Rubbing her eyes recklessly, she gasped taking in a huge amount of air.

What it has been? Just barely three days of knowing him so this shouldn't bother her much. Only this is what her mind could justify to her, but instead was unknowingly hurling her up to the qualms of her vulnerability.

We can't count the number of days to get attached to someone, it happens!

Sometimes it's not about letting yourself be affected by little things, it's about being sensitive to emotions.

At times you find comfort with a stranger more than you have ever found with any person in your life. Some people become special in a short span of time.

And Ram was definitely becoming special to her.

After letting out another remorseful moan, she expedited the car out from the parking lot. Frequently trying to rub off those tears, she struggled hard to focus on the road. Her thoughts were blurring into the darkness.

She realised that if she doesn't stop now, she'll smash into another car certainly. Parking the car at the side, she rested her head on the steering wheel in defeat.

Occasionally, the clearest of the sky also wails in an outcry of your fate.

The rain started pouring in as the sky rumbled in outrage seeing its most favourite person shattered. Partaking in her loneliness, in the sense of sharing her sorrow, it assured her that she's not alone.

Quieting her intensified emotions, she slowly turned on the machine. This time the engine ignited for a passive drive with frequent braking.

Upon reaching the society building, she got out of the car with weak steps. The guard gave her a polite smile but received a feeble nod in acknowledgement than her gracious smile.

She made her way towards the staircase in a hurry to get inside her apartment. With a short click turn of keys, she collapsed on the couch. The four walls were today muffled by her soft whimpers.

They stifled into the gloominess of the hallway, just like seeing its lady devastated. What wrong happened today, they wondered but were soon shunned by another scornful sob.

Sleep took over the drained soul as she snuggled more to herself. Her arms being the only guard to her figure.

---------------

The next morning, she woke up with a headache because of the empty stomach she slept with.

Fixing her mood, she squeezed in a few lemon drops in the glass and drank it to soothe her hammering head. What a start of the day, she sighed.