Part 5 : Blooming flower and it's scent

Ram who knows how to take away a million dollars worth deal from anyone's hand just by his presence, was today befuddled on how to react to such informal interactions. His informal talks restricted only with his diary and in rare times with Alex. He barely had anybody with whom he could share his heart, not even a friend to say.

Much to his dismay his thoughts once more lingered onto the past. The only friend he had but lost due to his own insecurities. Had he made things better at that time, he'd at least not be this alone today. He always wished he could try to mend things, he did let go back then but the present Ram had no courage.

His heart knew how much he yearned to talk with someone about this. But that would mean feeling something, showing his emotions which would mean hurting himself again.

He was even afraid what if the person leaves him again or he's not able to push past his own deficiencies to make space for someone in life.

Today at the beach when Priya showed interest to know him more, he knew he had to leave otherwise he himself didn't know what would he talk. He wished he was a little capable.

Slowly his eyes got heavy and sleep engulfed the drained soul. Only the next day would reveal what is in store for him.

---------------

Priya stayed for a little longer at the beach. She had a dinner to attend so thought of spending the rest of the time there itself.

She desired to know what those eyes held. Perhaps the desperation, the hopelessness, the yearning made her contemplate on her own. She had always been good at reading eyes. Eyes never lie no matter what's spoken. She could see through his pain but wanted him to open up on his level.

She grinned at the idea of waiting for him to open up when it was hard for him to introduce himself let alone his abrupt leave. Yet she believed everyone needs their own time and if it's fated, it might fall in to be her little- something to nothing.

Rest of the time her eyes wandered around the people enjoying the time at the beach. For a little while, she got lost thinking about her own family. How much she used to love coming to the beach with them.

Sadly her father got transferred and they had to shift to Banglore whilst she requested to stay back for her job. After living alone for so long, she got to learn various lessons of life. Now she knows how to distinguish between the right and wrong, it expanded her own horizon of dealing with things.

She had a brain well trained to haze a situation into overthinking. She wasn't complicated though surely someone who'd be bothered by little things. Little things do matter in life she believed.

She loved her family but wished they'd be more understanding towards her.

Nevertheless raising her shoulders upwards only to pull them down, she let these thoughts fade away. She hopped inside the car, ready to move for the scheduled dinner. She was delighted to meet her only friend after such a long time.

The car accelerated through the traffic, the usual honking becoming more familiar to the drivers, it being a daily affair. Some huffed and sighed in irritation as the buzzing sound became louder with cars sticking to each other in a standstill. Half an hour drive turned out to be of two hours for Priya due to the evening rush.

Bracing herself and with a huge smile plastered on her face, her hands reached to press the doorbell, alarming the people of the house about their visitor.

The instant doorbell rang, the door swung open and two arms gobbled her in a bear hug. The hug radiating the warmth of the relation the two ladies shared. A man standing on the side was simply looking at these two women with eyes full of adoration.