Part 13 : Something nothing

Her eyes met his and they conveyed so much more than nothing.

Her eyes were his undoing and he was her salvation. Together they both were the inevitable desire.

As their eyes clashed, their heart started beating fast in an outcry for each other's warmth they have missed. Both of them took a step forward, towards each other as their soul yearned for an assurance and eyes not ready to leave the other in the fear of being lost again all alone.

They didn't realise who initiated the hug but Priya wrapped her hands around his figure, taking him in her embrace. She rested her head on his chest holding him tight in her embrace, not wanting to let go again.

His hands pressed her head more to his chest and caressed her head in assurance but it was more for himself. The entire house shimmered in ecstasy as the warmth their hug was radiating filled the hallway which was muffled by silence a few minutes ago.

When all they have lived is with this daunting silence, today the same silence brought something beautiful.

Breaking his happy trance yet again his mind reminded him, he has to do it. Following the cue after getting some stares from people walking by, they broke the hug and moved inside the flat.

This was the first time he was here at her place and it was simple and beautiful just like her. It was a perfectly cosy place that had her touch.

Ram turned around towards her getting ready for what he came here. Gathering all the courage he said, "Priya I'm sorry for not coming today. But I won't be able to come anymore as a few obligations have come up for which I might have to go out of town for a few days", he lowered his eyes immediately to hide the real truth.

She could feel he wasn't saying the truth and she wasn't letting him go before he tells her what he's hiding, "Oh, so when will you come back like for how many days are you leaving?"

He fumbled with his words, "I don't know, it's yet not decided. But maybe half a month or so."

This time she directly demanded from him the truth, "I can see it in your eyes that you're lying. Look into my eyes and say that."

Her authoritative voice made him look up at her. He shuttered under the demanding look her eyes carried, something he knew he will not be able to stand through.

He started thinking about yesterday when he saw Priya with the person and that person was not anybody, he was his long lost friend Vikram. The one who knew his past and the one whom Ram had pushed away from his life because he was someone from his past.

And here when he saw Priya with Vikram, he lost all his sanity and wished to run away from Priya before she'll know who he is.

She moved closer to him and shook him by his arms, bringing him back to reality. He had a decision to make and a tougher one maybe.

"Ram", she called out.

"Yes. I'm not lying, it's the truth. I'm sorry", he said trying to look elsewhere than at her.

"And I don't believe you", she grew angrier.

"Priya, please. I just came here to tell you this so that you don't wait for me or believe I might come. I just can't do this anymore", his heart was crying after being this harsh with her but he had to.

His eyes grew wider as he saw her eyes getting moist, he regretted it the most now. But before it could flow down her cheeks, she was quick to wipe it off. She couldn't be weak anymore when people you trust turn out to be like this.

"It's fine. I should have known this was coming, everyone just does this but it's just me who foolishly trust anyone", her voice was breaking no matter how hard she was trying to control.