Curtwen As Dads pt.1

(This is Curtwen again. They've been happily married for two years and they want a kid. They're not spies. That's the whole plot.)

(Set in modern-day so they're not illegal)

(Unedited cuz I'm tired so sorry)

"Hey, Owe?" Curt called throughout their house.

"Yes, love?" He replied, walking into their living room, where Curt was.

"Do you think we would ever have kids?"

"Well it would be kind of hard don't you think?" Owen joked.

"I mean adoption or something like that. We could get a little girl."

"That does sound appealing."

"Doesn't it? We could start a family."

"We could look at some adoption centers nearby."

"Great. We'll start right now."

The two spent the next couple of days searching through websites and found some very promising places. They saw some pictures of some of the kids at a couple of the places and immediately fell in love with one of them.

She was a little girl, around 6 years old. Her name was Cameron and she had dark brown skin and big, curly hair. She had the prettiest light brown eyes and a tiny little button nose. Both men felt like she was the one for them. They called the adoption center and scheduled a time when they could go in and meet her.

A week later, Curt and Owen were pulling into the lot of the center.

"You ready, love?" Owen asked Curt who was looking at the door in front of them.

"Ready as I'll ever be. This kid might become ours."

"And we're going to love her so much."

"You bet your butt we will."

"Practicing not swearing?"

"You know it."

The two walked into the building and straight to the front desk.

"Hello! How may I help you today?" The woman at the front desk asked them

"Hi. We have an appointment to meet someone."

"Name?"

"Curt Carvour-Mega."

"Right here. You're meeting Cameron?"

"Yes."

"Ok. You can sit over there. She will be out soon."

"Thank you."

The pair walked over to a couple of couches sitting in another part of the entrance room. Curt sat down on the edge of one and bounced his knee nervously.

"Why are you so nervous, love?" Owen asked him, putting a hand on his knee.

"What if she doesn't like me? Or doesn't want to be adopted." Curt asked nervously

"Curt, she will love you. You are the perfect person to be a das." 

Curt smiled at his husband and put his hand on top of Owen's. Owen looked around Curt and nodded in the direction of another hallway. There was a taller woman walking out with a little girl close behind her. Curt immediately stood up and walked to the woman. The little girl hed on to the woman's leg and looked nervous and scared. Curt felt the exact same way.

The girl was wearing a bright red tee-shirt with white rims. She had overalls on over it with some little tennis shoes on her little feet. 

Curt crouched down to meet the girl's height.