And now he was gone

(This is me wrecking my soul and my heart at 10 p.m. This has angst. You will see why very shortly. Have fun being hurt)

"You're a caveman, and I've invented fire." Owens's cold voice rang throughout the warehouse. Every word he spoke sent chills down Curt's spine.

"I'll stop you." Curt tried to sound as confident and cool as Owen looked.

"You'll do your best." Owen started the shorter man straight in the eyes of pure hatred. Curt made a split-second decision to let his guard down. He didn't want to kill Owen. He didn't want to see him like this. He said he preferred him when he was dead. He didn't mean he still wanted him dead. Nothing could ever make him feel that way. He preferred knowing Owen was dead but the same as he was before the incident to him being alive and trying to kill him.

"I already have." He said in a small voice. Out of the corner of his eye, he thought he could see Owen falter slightly. "There's nothing more I can do. You said you have more facilities. They will probably keep growing, knowing you. I couldn't beat you. I have and I probably never will. Everyone knows you're better than me. I know. You know. The world knows. I can only go so far. You'll keep growing. You have. You created this whole life for you in those four years. I didn't do anything. I "retired" and grew a horrendous beard and slipped into alcoholism. I don't remember a moment during those four years when I didn't either have a hangover or was drunk out of my mind. I hit rock bottom. You thrived. Got better. Created something worthwhile. That's why you will always be better than me." 

Owen looked at the man he once loved. Once he left him to die, that love shifted into hate. He couldn't let himself love him when he didn't do anything to help him. But he saw the look in the other man's eyes. Remorse. Sorrow. Sadness. Pain. And the one he couldn't bear to see. Regret. Ever since he first saw him during the bomb deal, he saw the regret blossoming in his eyes. This made it harder and harder to hate Curt. Though he still did very much. He almost didn't believe that he did love him at a time.

"Why do you do this, Curt. Don't feel sorry for yourself. This is why you haven't grown. You've drowned in your sorrows. You let them wash reality away until it was no longer visible. The reason you could never beat me is that I know what I'm doing. You never did. You fly by the seat of your pants. You never think anything through. That's why it was so easy to figure you out. To understand every single thing about you. That's why you lost. You could never really find your way. You expect things to go the same way every time. That's why it's so easy to beat you. Your moves are predictable. That's why I'll always beat you." Owen brought his gun back to meet Curt's forehead. Curt's eyes shifted between the barrel of the gun and Owen's cold eyes. Ones he once found reassuring and safe. Now they were filled with hate and disgust.

"Just do it, Owen. Just fire that goddamned gun. You know you want to. I know you want to. Make me feel what you felt all those years ago. It's only fair at this point." Curt looked at Owen with nothing but anger coursing through his veins. He didn't know where it came from but it's all he felt. A small smirk made it's way onto Owen's face while he cocked the gun in his hand.

"Gladly." He raised the gun once more and in a matter of seconds, Curt closed his eyes, ready for impact, a loud shot rang out through the empty warehouse, and Curt's head hit the rail behind him, a slow pool of blood growing underneath him. Owen walked away, with no regret or remorse visible. Curt was the last obstacle. And now he was gone.

<<->><<->>

Ok, I didn't expect it to get that interesting. Not super angsty I don't think but you guys can judge. If you guys want to send me like words prompt or some song titles to base some of these stories on then please do give them to me. I'm quickly running out of ideas. I definitely didn't plan to write something like this but I kinda wanted to make my own version of that scene. Ok, I'll leave you all alone now. Also, my Grammarly is deciding to be a little poo right now so just ignore the mistakes.

Vote.

Comment.

Share.

Peace Out :))