Why Do All The Monsters Come Out At Night?

(So this is one of those stories where Curt has a nightmare and Owen is there to comfort him. I live for these types of stories so here I am writing one. The title comes from Monsters by All Time Low. It's a really good song and I really do suggest listening to it. I hope you enjoy. Also, please suggest some stuff. I'm very quickly running out of ideas and need some more.)

(Unedited cuz my Grammarly hates me)

"The future's happening, Curt, and it's not going to wait for you. What use will one man be when a box in a room can do his job in seconds?" Owen's cold eyes stared down at him from atop the staircase. His words seeped deeper and deeper into Curt's brain the more he talked.

"Sounds boring." Curt joked.

"You're a caveman, and I've invented fire."

"I'll stop you."

"You'll do your best."

Bang

Thud

Black

Curt shot up out of bed with cold sweat dripping down his face and back. Nightmares were no stranger to him. Actually, they were like the annoying family member that you hope isn't at the family get-togethers but always is. He had them at least once a week. Sometimes they were like this last one. Where Owen killed him. Sometimes it was him killing Owen. And other times it was him watching Owen be hurt and he could do nothing except watch and scream. The worst ones were when Owen killed him. Saying that he no longer loved him. He would go on and on saying how much he hated him.

Curt felt a pair of strong arms wrap around him. He turned slightly to see Owen's sleepy face right next to him.

"Curt, love, are you ok?" He said, fatigue present in his voice.

"Yeah. I'm ok now." Curt said, half true.

"Do you want me to kiss you?" Owen knew what the answer would be. He asked this every time he would wake up to find Curt like this and the answer was the same every time. Curt just gave a small nod and Owen slowly pushed their lips together. Curt could feel all remnants of the dream melt away as he put his hand on the nape of Owen's neck. It was short but sweet nonetheless. 

"Thanks." Curt breathed after he pulled back.

"Any time. Now let's get some sleep, love." The two laid back down, Curt in Owen's arms. There, they fell asleep. Nightmares forgotten.

<<->><<->>

So this was a little too short for my liking. I planned on making it longer but I just didn't have the energy. I got just under two hours of sleep last night and this is the outcome. I might post another one of these today because I have another one started but who knows. I'm going to leave you alone now so you can read some quality writing somewhere else. Good day everyone.

Vote.

Comment.

Share.

Peace Out :))