Coffee Shop AU (ish)

(I have deleted 4 one-shots today. Hopefully, this one is somewhat good. It's exactly what it sounds like. Owen is a barista. Curt likes coffee and goes every morning with his friends to the same coffee shop. Enjoy)

(Modern-day so they're not illegal woop woop)

Curt shoved his hands into the deep pockets of his jacket. He walked the short way from his apartment to his favorite coffee shop: Beanies. He went every morning with his two best friends, Tatiana and Barb. Today, however, they couldn't come. They both had to get into the office early. He walked to the coffee shop alone, earbuds in to avoid what little chance there was at social interaction. He blasted his favorite band, All Time Low, into his ears, not caring about what damage it might do to him in the future.

As he walked through the door, a familiar sight unfolded in front of him. The same people sitting at the same tables. The mild bustle of people in a rush. The smell of black coffee and lukewarm pastries. Curt had to admit, Beanies definitely wasn't the best coffee place ever. Actually, it was closer to the bottom of his list then to the top but he got used to the cold service and slightly bitter coffee. It was less crowded than the Starbucks a couple of blocks down. There were mostly businessmen sitting around at this time.

Curt stepped into the short line, checking his phone. It was 7:18. He had to be at work by 8. He could make it easily. He lowered the volume on his music slightly before zoning out a little bit and getting lost in his own thoughts. Before he knew it, he was the next person in line. He took out his earbuds and waited patiently.

"Hello. What can I get for you?" A calm British accent said in front of him. He lifted his head to meet a pair of soft, chocolate brown eyes. 

"Uh, black coffee and a croissant please," Curt said. He would've stared into those eyes for hours if he could. The coffee took a little longer than normal to get but it was fine. In five minutes, he was walking out the door, coffee, and croissant in hand. He walked through downtown and in 20 minutes, he was stepping inside the lobby of his building. He stepped into the elevator alone, happy for some warmth.

Curt stepped out of the elevator into the busy workspace. People were walking back and forth in between cubicles. His cubicle was all the way across the office. Lucky him. He contemplated the route he would take to his desk, ultimately deciding to just bolt across the middle.

He sat down in his chair next to Tatiana.

"Hey, Curt." She said, not looking away from her computer screen.

"Hey, Tati." He responded.

"Sorry, we couldn't join you today to get coffee. Though, it seems like you did quite well on your own."

"What?" curt said, confused. Tatiana pointed to the cup of coffee in front of Curt. Peeking out of the cup holder was some writing. Curt took of the cup holder completely to inspect the writing.

Hello. I saw you in Beanies today and you're pretty cute. I'm just going to be straight forward and ask you on a date. My number's attached if you care to accept. My name's Owen by the way.

Sure enough, the guy's phone number was written in the same neat handwriting. Curt read the note over again twice before deciding to text the man.

Curt: Hello. I got your note on my coffee cup this morning. I assume this is the same Owen who wrote it.

Unknown Number: Yes it is. I'm sorry for being so blunt. You were just very attractive and well, I couldn't work up the nerve to talk to you then.

Curt: Oh that's fine. So that date huh?

<<->><<->>

And that's where I'm ending it. I might do a part two of the actual date part but for now, that's where it ends. I hope you all liked it. Have a nice day. Also, All Time Low is a really good band go give them a listen. Bye

Vote.

Comment.

Share.

Peace Out :))