9 | The Intimacy

Vance August 22, 2019 (2:30 PM)

Vance
August 22, 2019 (2:30 PM)

"So how's it feel?" Danny came up to me asking.

"How does what feel?" I asked wit an unamused face.

"Ain't you the one gettin out in a couple weeks?"

I stayed silent and continued to focus on finishing writing my letter.

"Look, I just wanted to come to wish yo ass good luck out there. It's gon be hard gettin back on ya feet after being in here," he said, causing me to look up at him.

" 'preciate it," I said before looking back down at my paper.

"So watchu finna do first when you get out?"

The nigga is still standin here.

"...ion know nigga, maybe ima go home," I answered.

"Oh. Is you finna get picked up, my nigga?"

"Yo," I chuckled. "Danny, go find sumn else to do, bruh."

"Watchu mean? I juss needa know that my bro not gon forget me while he gone..." he comes clean.

Danny was 19 and he just got transferred here a year ago. Ever since he came, we been friends, He my only friend I ever had since I came here.

"I'm not finna forget chu," I said.

"Word?"

"Yeah, fasho," I stood up and dapped him up. "And it ain't like I'm leaving yet..."

"Yeah, so I got like a couple weeks to make a new friend."

"Nigga, you gon be aight. Stop stressin," I told him.

"If you say so," he responded. "Now ima leave you to ya lil pen shordy."

He left and I sat back down, continuing my letter to Desiree. Her mom tried to stop us from communicating a while back but she couldn't cause Desi was already 18.

I can't blame her for wanting to protect her daughter. Nigga, I'm a whole inmate and she a whole high school graduate goin to college in the next few weeks.

I hate to sound like a soft ass nigga but, Desiree's a pen pal gone right. I can tell you dat I ain't ever get so close to someone over paper and video.

We made a rule only to video call each other when something big happened. So she called me after ha graduation, she called me when she got her scholarship to UA and since nothin big ever be happenin on my end, sometimes I call her just to hear her voice.

'Yo Desi,

This probably finna be one of my last letters to you cause a nigga gettin out in a few week. Ima keep my promise on finding you when I get out. It'll be nice to finally see your beautiful face in person. I hope you excited to be starting the final stage of school before you is on ya own. I just wanted to tell you that you writing to me changed me lowkey. Thank you, Desiree. And to be honest I thought yo ass was crazy when you wrote me that first letter, simply because a girl like you shouldn't be writing to a nigga like me and I ain't have to see your face to know. Thank you for givin' me the opportunity to write to you. And right now, my bio is full cause of you but I ain't gonna need in no more anyways.
You gon' be aight in college...I can tell you dat. You should know that I believe you finna make it. Good luck when classes or whatever starts. And congratulations again on gettin' into UA. Probably the next time you'll hear from me is gon be when I'm out and we can link to "vibe" wit each other, you always said I sounded like a vibe so ima give you the chance to see that I am.

Yours Truly,
Vance mfn Wright'

Damn, shorty lowkey put my writing abilities to the test for the past few months but she the reason my handwriting fye now.

End of Chapter