10 | #VanceFree

^^Desiree's Apartment in MM

VanceSeptember 5, 2019 (12:38 PM)

Vance
September 5, 2019 (12:38 PM)

"Here," dude hands me a bag.

It was filled wit a whole fit. Shoes and all, there was also a card in it.

"Who sent this in?" I asked him.

"Your sister."

Oh aight.

I hurried to the bathroom and changed outta my orange attire and put on an all black tee wit some grey sweats and Yeezy Boost 700 "wave runner."

Where'd my sis get the money to buy these shits? They fire as hell.

When I finished, I handed over my prison clothes, shoes and socks. After that, that was it...the process was over. They released me through the thing they called a 'sally port' but to me that shit was juss a gate.

Holy shit. Nigga, I'm free...Finally after seven whole years.

I looked back at the prison. Ayo, lemme go before they change they mind.

I started walking since I heard the nearest bus station was an hour away. The only thing I had in my hand was Desiree's letters and the card for the bus.

Desiree
September 5, 2019 (1:31 PM)

As I sat in my lecture, I kept thinking about Vance. He told me today was his release date in his very last letter to me. I'm excited for him but now we don't have a way to each other.

I don't have a way of finding him and I'm sure he doesn't have a way of finding me.

When my lecture finished about 45 minutes later, I made my way to my apartment since it was my last class.

I just moved in a month ago and I still couldn't find time to unpack all my shit but now I do. In order to take my mind off of Vance for a lil bit, I'm organizing.

In the middle of me doing so, my phone dinged and I seen it was a message from Mikey. We enrolled in the same college so there's no getting rid of him.

 We enrolled in the same college so there's no getting rid of him

Me: Hey

Mikey: I ain't seen u since the semester started.
Mikey: U good?

Me: Yup. Thanks for checking in tho

Mikey: Np

Read 3:10 PM

After he pulled me aside in class that day, he kept his distance and whenever he talked to me, he kept his words short. I noticed all that but I ain't care. It's not like I lead him on or sumn. I mean sure, it's true that we got along well during our junior year but things change, people change and plans change.

I wasn't tryna be in an entanglement wit anybody at the time.

Sorry Mikey.

End of Chapter