chapter thirty three

Indigo

     They released me from the hospital after I'd given my statement to the police. They weren't sure they could catch the man and considering I didn't have any physical evidence or ounce of his DNA on me, I too found those odds unlikely. Harry and Josie didn't like this response, both of them speaking up about it but ultimately getting the same answer as me. I was just glad I'd somehow made it out of a horrible situation and I could go back to the hotel for somewhat of a shower. I couldn't get my stitches wet so it was going to be interesting.

     Josie and Harry stood on either side of me as we walked out the door, both of them keeping one eye on me at all times. The attention was overwhelming and I wanted nothing more than for the two of them to act like last night didn't happen. I wished it hadn't considering if I'd just gone back to the hotel instead of deciding drinking was a good idea, I could have avoided 99% of the situation.

     Harry opened the car door for me and I thanked him as I slid in the backseat. I laid down on the cool leather, yawning as I closed my eyes. A small nap for the ride home couldn't hurt and I could only imagine that Josie and Harry needed one too as they too had been up for about 24 hours now.

"It might be best if she stays with me tonight so she'll be sure to get some sleep and I can help her with the shower if she needs it. Plus I can keep an eye on her." Josie half whispered, probably thinking I couldn't hear her.

"I mean the shower part makes sense but I can watch her Josie." I sensed the annoyance in his tone and I knew this conversation wasn't going to go over well.

"Like you watched her last night? I know you guys need to talk but do you really think now is the time after all she's gone through?" Josie challenged back.

"Seriously, Jos? How long are you going to be mad at me about that? I apologized, Blue isn't mad, and I know I screwed up. I'm trying to fix things." Harry sighed as the car turned.

"Just because you apologized, doesn't mean everything is magically-"

"Okay guys, really?" I sat up slowly, catching Josie's eye as she turned to look at me and Harry's in the rear view mirror, "One, I'm a grown ass woman who doesn't need a babysitter...but I might need help with a shower. And two, I'm not mad at anyone about last nights situation other than myself so let's just get back to the hotel and all take a nap cause I think we all need one." They both gave grumbled responses, making me roll my eyes. My head was pounding, the sunlight and arguing only making it worse.

The rest of the ride was completely silent, making me slightly uncomfortable. I hated when the two of them fought, especially when it related to me. The moment we pulled into the parking lot, they both jumped out of the car and opened both passenger doors. I just looked back and forth between the two of them, seeing how angry each of them were. I sighed as I unbuckled and got out on Josie's side.

Harry slammed his door shut, making me wince. I didn't want him mad at me but going with Josie seemed like the best option for the time being. I honestly felt like a child whose parents were going through a divorce and making me choose between the two of them. Getting out on Josie's side was not me making a choice between the two of them, I just really needed help with a shower and talking with Josie first seemed like the easier option.

Harry didn't say a word to me as we reached the hotel rooms, just swiping his key and trudging through the door. I felt kind of bad but at the same time, I needed to think about what exactly I was going to say and that wasn't going to happen with this massive headache. Josie unlocked her door, ushering me in.

"I'm going to go grab you some clothes from your suitcase and I'll be right back. Try to wash as much as you can while avoiding your stitches." I just nodded, sighing as she left the room. I made my way into the bathroom, stopping in horror as I looked in the mirror.

     I looked like a sick raccoon, my mascara running down my cheeks and eyeshadow smeared all around my eyes. Why did no one tell me I looked like this? I grabbed one of Josie's make up wipes off the counter and scrubbed away at my face until I started to look like myself again.

I unzipped my dress, letting it fall from my shoulders and onto the tiled floor. My eyes were instantly drawn to the stitches that sat vertically between my breasts, the image of a knife slicing into my skin flashing across my eyes. I shook my head, trying to get rid of the memory. Leaning over the tub, I turned on the water and adjusted the temperature before climbing in. I kept my back to the water, doing my best to keep my stitches completely dry.

     "Alright I got you some clothes, hows the shower going?" Josie's voice startled me, not hearing the bathroom door open.

     "Pretty good. Keeping the stitches dry." She hummed in response. I finished washing my hair and body before shutting off the water. Josie held a towel out for me as I got out of the shower. I thanked her as I dried off and slipped into the oversized sweatshirt and shorts she'd brought me.

"So why didn't you go with Harry?" I turned, giving her a funny look.

"What do you mean? Me coming with you wasn't me choosing between the two of you. I came here because one, you're my best friend and two, I thought I might need help with a shower. Harry didn't do anything wrong last night, Jos. It was my fault for getting drunk." She shook her head, letting out a breath.

"Indi, you getting attacked last night was not your fault....It's not Harry's either but dammit it's not your fault, okay. Just because you got drunk and angry doesn't mean you deserve what happened to you." I leaned against the counter, giving her a small smile as I nodded.

"I love you, Jos. Thank you for always being such a good friend." She finally returned my smile, moving across the room to pull me in for a hug.

"I love you too, Indi. I'd do anything for you, you know that. Now, let's both take a nap and then you are going to finally get your man who is quite literally pouting like a baby in his hotel room right now," I gave her a concerned look but she just waved me off, rolling her eyes, "Don't you worry, Mitch is in there to tease him and he's not mad at you." I let out a sigh of relief as we both made our way out of the bathroom and tucked ourselves into the two beds for a much needed nap.

////////

filler and it took me forever to write this chapter and i still don't like it but here it is. next chapter will be important so stay tuned.

also i take my NCLEX today for nursing so you're welcome for this and wish me luck!!! i'm mega nervous because i've got major anxiety but i've been studying for this for basically my whole life. i hope you all have a wonderful day! ❤️❤️❤️❤️