chapter thirty nine

Harry

Blue did in fact kick my ass at skee ball and just about every other fair game there was. I couldn't say I was surprised though, Blue was able to accomplish anything she put her mind to. We'd spent most of the night riding the rides and only stopping once to fill our stomachs with greasy overpriced fair food. The last attraction Blue was dying to go one was the ferris wheel. This is where we sat now, on opposite sides of the cars, watching the city below us as we reached the top.

Well, Blue was watching below us, my eyes were focused on the bright smile that had been on her face the whole night. Her cheeks were a rosy red, the California heat still beating down on us. She was leaning over the car, pointing down at things she was able to see from this high up. The sun was falling over her face in a way that showed the few freckles that scattered their way across her cheeks and over her nose. You could only see them in the sun, a detail of hers I always found intriguing.

"Earth to H?" Her eyes locked with mine, a confused look on her face. The ferris wheel stopped at the very top, the metal creaking slightly.

"Sorry, love. Got stuck in my head for a minute." She just rolled her eyes before settling back on the side of the car. She folded her arms over the edge, laying her head on them and staring at the sites below. I watched as she yawned, her whole body relaxing, "You wanting to head back after this?"

"I think if we don't I might fall asleep on this ferris wheel and you'd have to carry me the whole way back." I gave a look as if I was unsure I could carry her back, making her swat her hand at me, "Does me wanting to stay tonight make me easy?" I laughed at her lame joke, making her chuckle as well.

"You are in no way easy, love." She bit her lip, holding her hand out for me to grab and giving it a light squeeze, "There is one thing I want to do before we leave though," She sat up, giving me a funny look.

     "What's that?" I took a deep breath before leaning forward, catching her off guard when I placed my hands on either side of her face and crashed my lips against hers. She melted into the kiss quickly, leaning further in my direction and making the car tilt, scaring us both as we pulled away, "I'm sorry," She breathed out, our noses touching.

     "At least I would have kissed you before I died," I laughed, Blue laughing along with me. She gave me one more quick peck before pulling away, the biggest grin once again back on her face.

Once the ferris wheel finally went around again, Blue and I hopped out, hand in hand and made our way to the car. I'd say this date was a success and the fact that I got to take Blue home with me only made it a million times better. Not in a creepy way but I slept better knowing she was cuddled up next to me and I could protect her from the nightmares that occasionally woke her from her sleep.

Her hand was folded in mine the whole ride home, my thumb rubbing back and forth along her smooth skin. We both hummed along to the radio, a popular song playing that I couldn't name but knew every lyric to. I found myself wanting nothing but to curl up in bed as well, the stress of worrying about how today would go making my body tired.

"Hey Dreamy?"

"Yes, love?"

"Thank you...for tonight and every night before this official one. Spending time with you is one of my favorite things to do and even though I hate surprises, you did really well with this one. I had a wonderful time." She squeezed my hand, leaning across the seat to kiss my cheek.

"I'm glad you had a good time, Blue. I did too, I always have a good time with you." I gave her a squeeze back, looking over at the smile on her face, "I don't know how I got so lucky." Her smile only widened with this, her cheeks turning red again.

"That's funny, I was just thinking the same thing about you." She scrunched her nose, making me laugh a little. My heart swelled at the thought that this amazing girl beside me was going to be mine here shortly. I still had a few tricks up my sleeve before the night ended.

Once back at my place, Blue made a beeline for my bedroom, emerging moments later with a pair of my boxers and her favorite jumper in hand. She moved to the bathroom to change and I walked into my bedroom to do the same. After I'd stripped out of my clothes and slid on my sweats, I plopped down on my bed waiting impatiently for Blue to come back. I jumped slightly when the door to the bathroom opened, my heart shooting into my throat.

I don't know what it was about Blue that made me so nervous. I had a serious question to ask her but I had no doubt in my mind she'd say yes. So why was I so nervous? Maybe it was because I had never felt this way about any girl, especially not Kennedy. Blue came back into the room with a bare face and arms hidden within the large sleeves of my jumper. She always looked adorable in my clothes.

"You ready for bed, Dreamy?" She yawned, lifting her arms over her head. My sweatshirt slid up slightly, revealing the tanned skin of her toned stomach. I ran my hand over my lips, swallowing before I nodded. She made her way over to me, standing between my legs and wrapping her arms around my neck.

"But before bed, there's an important question I need to ask you?" She raised a brow at this, her dark eyes searching mine.

"The answer is no," My face fell slightly at her words, unsure how she- "I do not know the muffin man." Her serious face broke into a smile. I narrowed my eyes, moving my hands to her sides and squeezing lightly. She burst into a fit of giggles and squirming to get out of my grip.

"You think you're so funny, Blue?" She nodded, still giggling as I had her trapped between my legs. This only provoked me to tickle her more, earning many squeals and a few snorts, "I'm trying to ask you a serious question right now and you're cracking your horrible jokes!" We were both out of breath from laughing but I wasn't going to give up until she surrendered.

"Okay, okay. I promise I'll be serious." She squealed, falling against my chest still giggling. Once she caught her breath, she pulled away and wiped beneath her eyes. She moved one of her hands beneath my chin, pulling it up lightly to look into my eyes, "Whats your question Dreamboat?"

"What would you think about being the girlfriend of a Dreamboat?" My eyes lit up as I watched the corners of her lips turn up.

"Are you asking me to be your girlfriend, Mr. Styles?" I nodded, moving my hands underneath her jumper and landing on her hip bones, "Hm, well you are the second person to ask me that today so I might need a minute to decide..." She moved her hand to her chin, pretending to think until I squeezed her sides and made her squirm, "Of course I'll be your girlfriend, Harry. Nothing would make me happier." I couldn't help the stupid grin on my face before Blue leaned down and pressed her lips to mine.

     This kiss was just as amazing as our first but a bit more rushed. Blue climbed on my lap, both knees on either sides of my hips as the kiss deepened. I slid my tongue along her bottom lip, begging her to let me in. Once she did, our tongues fought for dominance, my hands running up and down her sides. She pulled away momentarily, placing her forehead against mine.

     "I'm most definitely not one to sleep with someone on the first date but uhm, I'm making an exception for you Dreamy," Her eyes were wild, her bottom lip caught between her teeth.

"If I would have known all I had to do to get you to sleep with me was ask you to be my girlfriend, I would have done it weeks ago," She rolled her eyes, telling me I wasn't funny before crashing her lips against mine again.

///////////

biggggg chapter. so i have it planned out and there's going to be 45 chapters and an epilogue!