chapter thirty five

Indigo

"Can y'all stop making babies in there! We need to head to the Hamptons in like 30 minutes for the cookout!" Loud banging accompanied by Lucas's words woke both Harry and I from our nap.

"You two better not be making babies in there! I'll kick both of your asses!" I felt Harry's chest vibrate against my back as rolled my eyes. I flipped over to face Harry, burying my head in his chest.

"You think if we just ignore them, they'll go away?" I groaned into his chest, feeling it vibrate once more as he kissed the top of my head. His thumbs rubbed small circles along my spine almost lulling me back to sleep. I say almost because the pounding on the door was constant and I was sure it wasn't stopping anytime soon.

"If we were making babies, they'd be beautiful!" Harry shouted, making me shoot up in bed and hit his arm lightly.

"Oh my god! We're not making babies! We'll be out in ten, I promise!" Josie yelled back that we better be but the knocking finally stopped so I felt as if we'd won this battle.

I sighed, rubbing my eyes with the heels of my hands before climbing out of bed and moving to my suitcase. My hands dug through the various items of clothing before finding the matching bikini top and bottom Josie had bought both of us. She brought them home the day we left and made me try it on the moment she entered my room. I had to admit, the suit was adorable. The top was red and white tie dyed with high waisted blue and white starred bottoms.

     I grabbed a pair of high waisted jean shorts to throw over the bottoms and shut the lid of my suitcase

     I grabbed a pair of high waisted jean shorts to throw over the bottoms and shut the lid of my suitcase. Harry's eyes were glued to me when I turned around, making me give him a funny look. He gave me a cheeky smile, moving his arms to sit behind his head as he leaned up against the headboard.

     "What?" I asked, placing my hand on my hip. He just shrugged, still looking at me all starry eyed. I raised a brow at his answer, but shook my head and walked into the bathroom, shutting the door behind me.

     I stripped out of my clothes, slipping into the bikini but pausing to put on my shorts when I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. My eyes were drawn to my chest, the fresh stitches showing clearly just above my suit. I finished putting on my shorts, walking closer to the mirror.

"Shit." I whispered to myself, skewing my lips to the side. There was definitely no way I could get these covered up and considering I couldn't even get them wet, make up would not be a good option. I would like to say that maybe they weren't that bad but every time I looked in the mirror, it's where my eyes were instantly drawn.

"Blue, you almost ready love?" Harry knocked on the door, startling me slightly. I bit my lip, deciding that his reaction would be the deal breaker. If his eyes instantly went to my chest or he looked off when he first saw me, I'd have to think of a plan B.

I opened the door, eyes glued on Harry's face. He looked shocked at me swinging the door open, but ultimately shook it off and gave me a smile. His eyes traveled down my body, stopping on the stitches, his smile falling into a deep frown. I watched him try to hide it as his green eyes met mine once more but I just sighed, turning to look in the mirror again.

     "You look great, love." I narrowed my eyes at his reflection before I turned to face him, biting the inside of my cheek.

     "I saw your face when you looked at the stitches so don't even." I groaned, moving to sit on the toilet seat with my head in my hands. It wasn't a huge deal that I'd have to wear a shirt over my bikini but I really was looking forward to matching with Josie and I didn't want to let her down again. These stitches were just a reminder of how much I'd messed up last night. Not to mention, I'd be around at least a dozen models tonight so I wanted to look my best.

     "Hey now," Harry leaned down in front of me, his hands on my thighs, "Blue will you please look at me babe?" I dropped my hands from my face, eyes meeting his soft ones, "You do look great, even with the stitches."

     "I do not. I saw your-"

     "Hey, let me finish please?" I shut my mouth, waiting for him for finish, "You look beautiful, you always do. Even with the stitches, okay? I know you're worried but think of it this way, you can say you were a badass and escaped a creep. Or you could make up a ridiculous story and say you got in a knife fight and you can do the classic, 'You should see the other guy' line," I rolled my eyes, fighting a smile, "But no matter what happens, my eyes will only be on you tonight and not because of the stitches but because your ass looks great in those shorts," I laughed, hitting his arm again.

     "You're a dork but thank you for making me laugh....they really don't look that bad?" He shook his head before sticking his pinky out, a serious look on his face. I wrapped mine around his, completing the promise with a kiss to my thumb as he followed on his end, "Thank for being so sweet, Dreamy." I leaned in, kissing his cheek.

     "Sweet's my middle name," He winked at me before brushing off his thighs and standing up from his crouched position. He held his hand out for me, helping me up, "Alright, I'm going to go change and let you finish getting ready. It's definitely been more than ten minutes so Josie will be knocking any minute and I'm not in the mood for a run today." I gave his hand a squeeze, thanking him as he walked out of the bathroom.

     When it was just me and the mirror again, I looked down at my stitches, feeling nothing but badass with them after Harry's affirmations. He always knew the right things to say to make me feel better. I took one last breath before swiping on a little mascara and brushing through my hair. Just as I was walking out of the bathroom, the banging on the door returned, making both Harry and I groan at the same time.

     I made my way over to the door, pulling it open to reveal Lucas and an angry Josie before her eyes scanned over our matching outfits. She gave me a bright smile, pulling me in for a hug before holding me at arms length and telling me to twirl.

     "You look marvelous darling," She announced in a funny accent, making us both laugh, "And hey, check out those bad ass stitches. Can't wait to hear the stories you make up tonight. Let's go, Dreamboat! We're already late from you guy's making babies." I rolled my eyes as she threw her arm over my shoulder.

     "Jos, for the last time we were not making babies." She waved me off, telling me she didn't need details as the three of us started walking down the hall. I looked back to see Harry shutting the door, my favorite sweatshirt of his in hand and a smile on his face. My hopes for tonight were high as Harry jogged up to us and folded his hand in mine.

////////

sorry another filler....i had an idea on where to go with this and now i'm just kinda stuck so i'm sorry for late updates y'all my brain is just fried lately.