chapter forty four

Harry

     I jogged up the shop steps with a smile as I knew I'd be seeing Blue today. Blue, my girlfriend. Blue was officially my girlfriend. I was going to gets much shit from the guys about this but I didn't care, Blue was mine and I wanted to scream it from the rooftops.

     I placed my key in the lock, turning it and opening the door. I didn't bother locking it behind me, knowing the whole crew would be showing up in about an hour. I flipped on the lights and made my way to the office, stopping momentarily as I noticed a light on in the basement. My brows knitted together as I knew that I hadn't left it on.

     My feet slipped down the stairs quietly, peaking around the corner as I was prepared for a full on attack but finding quite the opposite. My eyes locked on the many balled up papers along the floor before eventually falling on Blue's sleeping figure. The anxiety flowing within me faded quickly, a smile on my face as I walked over to her quietly. I picked up the scraps of paper along the way.

     She was curled up in one of my jumpers, hood up and arms wrapped around herself tightly. Her breathing was loud, making me know her nose was stuffed up. This caused me to take a closer look at her face, noticing her puffy eyes and cheeks. Had she been crying?

     I threw away the papers in my hand, taking a seat on the end of the couch so I didn't wake her. My eyes scanned over the papers scattered along the coffee table, landing on an image of a sun with clouds and rain. I picked up the paper, bringing it closer into view.

     To the blind eye, the sketch would mean nothing, just a pretty picture of sun with rain but I knew better. I knew she drew it as a representation of her and her brother. I looked back down at Blue's sleeping figure and wondering just what I'd missed between the time she left yesterday and now. I set the sketch back on the table, my hand moving to tuck a piece of Blue's hair that had slipped from inside her hoodie behind her ear. The action made her stir, her eyes slowly opening one at a time.

     She looked around a little, still waking up. I placed my hand on her cheek, stroking her smooth skin softly with my thumb. Her tired eyes met mine, her face breaking into a sleepy grin as she closed her eyes once more and pulling the blanket tighter around her.

     "Dreamy," Her morning voice was raspy, always something I loved to hear. I smiled down at her as she placed her hand over mine on her cheek, "Come sleep?" She mumbled, opening up the blanket so I could get cuddle in.

     "As tempting as that is baby, we do have work in an hour and if the guys aren't able to get in, we won't be able to make money and then I'll be out of a home and-" She groaned, lifting herself off the couch while waving me off.

     "Alright, alright, I'm up," She rubbed her eyes, lifting her arms up to stretch out while letting out a yawn. She laid her head on my shoulder folding her arm inside mine and intertwining our fingers, "Can we get some coffee delivered? I'm going to need it."

     "Of course," I leaned down, kiss her head while pulling her hood down, "Do you want to talk about it?" She sighed, moving to look up at me.

     "I read Skye's letter," I tried hard not to show my shock, masking it with a straight face so I didn't upset her further, "I didn't get the answer I wanted but I already knew I wouldn't. There wouldn't be an answer good enough and he knew that as well as I did. I couldn't sleep because I was angry so I came here to maybe do some sketches and get my mind off things but I just got angrier and further into my head. I'm sorry about the mess, you didn't have to clean it up. I would have when I got up." She kept her eyes on mine, searching them for some sort of comfort. There was so much I wanted to say, so much I wanted to ask but I knew it wasn't the right time. She was still grieving, still trying process all the information.

     "I want to say first that I'm proud of you. I know reading that letter was a big step for you and it takes a lot of strength and courage to do something that scares you. You're so strong, Blue. That's one of your best qualities and something I envy a little," I placed my finger under her chin, holding her eyes to mine, "I'm sorry that you didn't get answers you were hoping for but hopefully it helps you understand what was going through his head when he made the choice he did. It's not fair to you and I know that these wounds are going to take awhile to heal, but they will with time. You can't keep sitting here and thinking about the 'what if's' like I know you've been doing since that night. It's not going to change anything no matter how much you wish it would. What you need to keep reminding yourself is that your brother loved you very much and you loved him back just as hard." I could see how glassy her eyes were, her lip quivering slightly. I leaned down to place quick peck to her lips, feeling her warm tears slip down her cheeks. I pulled away, wiping beneath her eyes as her hands caught my wrists.

     "Thank you, Harry," She kissed my lips once more before pulling back to wipe her cheeks, bottom lip caught between her teeth.

     "Hey, no need to thank me, this is what I'm here for," She nodded, giving me a small smile, "And never be afraid to call me, even at odd hours of the night or even just show up at my door if you ever need me. I know that some things you need to go through alone but when you need me, I'll be there."

     "You really are a dream, you know that?" I let out a small laugh, rolling my eyes as she nudged my shoulder, "Can I ask you one more favor? Well actually two?" I nodded, watching her eyes fall to her sketch.

     "Well one, can I go home and shower and change really quick? I know we open soon but my first client isn't here until one and I look like I crawled out of a hole," I wanted to tell her that was absolutely not true but I decided to let her finish first when she gave me a look, "And the second one..." Her voice trailed off as she picked up the sun sketch off the table, "Can you tattoo this on me? Maybe a little bigger, on my thigh?"

     "Of course, come on," I got up, holding my hand out for her as we made our way over to the station. Blue sat in the chair, left leg extended as she looked at herself in the mirror. I knew I'd lost her within her own thoughts the moment she looked down as she didn't even flinch when I brought the needle to her skin.

     The process didn't take long, the lines delicate despite the large design. When I was done, I squeezed Blue's hand to get her attention, watching her eyes fall to the new ink. She looked up at me with a smile before jumping out of the chair and wrapping me in a hug and placing a kiss along my exposed collarbone.

     "Thank you again. It looks amazing," She took a step back, admiring the work again before I wrapped it up, placing a kiss just below her short line. When I stood up, I noticed the deep red falling over her cheeks, a cheeky smile finding its way on my face. I leaned down to kiss her before pulling away slightly and rubbing our noses together, "Alright, I'm going to go get cleaned up and I'll be back before you know it. Please don't forget the coffee!" She pecked my lips one last time before gathering her things and heading to the stairs.

     "Oh hey, I have some news to tell you tonight at our jam session," I felt my face fall a little, unsure what exactly she needed to tell me. The moment she realized I was concerned, she quickly shook her head, "It's good news, babe. Don't stress over it, okay." This released some of the weight off my chest, feeling myself let out a sigh of relief. She blew me a few kisses before disappearing up the stairs.

///////////

little filler but i like this chapter a lot