X- our destination

Dragging his worn in converses along the epoxy flooring. The horrible squeaking made everyone cringe but- no one dared to tell him to stop.

Craig and Clyde weren't first time lovers with each other, quite the experimenters in high school. So managing to keep it casual was rather easy. They both knew the routine.

He sat down at the spinning desk chair and sighed when he saw Clyde hand him a coffee.
"Don't worry" he giggled "it's not from the precinct. It's from barbs down the road" he sat across from Craig, as if reading his mind.
"Thanks Clyde" he sighed softly.

A strangely comfortable silence took over the conversation, a silence that the two detectives were not strangers of. They were content with the feeling of the lack of words, some joe managing to feel more safe.

What they didn't expect was to have Kyle slam the doors open in pride. He seemed happy, too happy. Especially after seeing Stan, drowning in his own alcohol induced vomit.
"Good morning you two" he gave a warm smile, warm like his hair that wasn't tied back as per usual.

"What's got you happy today?" Craig pressed, seeing Kyles face go bright red.
"C-Christophe and I had a chat" he nodded softly, looking anywhere but the two.
"Hmm... chat" Clyde smirked, going back to his work at hand.

"Number- track it" Kyle reminded before walking off to the captains office.
The two detectives were quick to stand up, taking the small, cardboard paper that held the information they needed. With the phone number and a cocky smirk, they headed off to the information room. Where calls were held and lost or unknown things were brought to the naked eye.

The two typed the number in and were surprised to see it linked to nothing more than a work place. Peculiar.
Before letting themselves make up some outlandish theories, they jotted down the address and decided to act on the newly found information.

"Why would he give stan this?" Craig hissed to himself as he stared at the address, as if he were to blink it would suddenly change.
"Because-" Clyde began, before shutting his mouth. "I cannot answer that" he sighed softly, watching his partner stare down the paper.

"Calm down Craig, we will solve this" he nodded, unsure if he was talking to himself, or to craig.
"Really? Because it feeling like we're being taken for a roller coaster ride- but it just keeps going up. We keep awaiting that faithful drop that seems fatal... but nothing" he groaned

"As if I'm chasing a thought that fled my mind, or trying to focus on one rabbit in a field of many" Craig sighed softly, burying his head into his arms that had laid flat on the table.
"Craig. This isn't a case that will be solved over night. This isn't some casual case" he explained "this case had a lot more to uncover than just the tip. We still have 60 feet below us. Although you may feel as though that ground is breaking beneath you. Stand on it with pride craig. Because I swear to fucking god we will get to the end of this" he has ended up lowering his voice, becoming unsure in how much truth his words held.

"Come on" he stood up, taking the piece of paper from the old and pencil engraved desk.
Pulling Craig to his feet and smiling at him, a soft smile to make him feel as though he was the king.
"Let's go to this place and ask. We're detectives. Let's fucking act like it!" He smiled and began marching off and down the stairs.

Craig couldn't help but let a small smile slip out as he followed.

The harsh hiss of the wind seeped through the small gap between the window and the car, filling the lonely silence, echoing and bouncing of the empty back.
The sun-rays pierced through the glass. The needle the sun had used was aiming directly for Craig. No one sitting next to him could complain though. His somehow dull blue eyes filled with life as they reflected the harm that the sun threatened. A perfect shadow casted down, the culprit of it being his visor.

Craig sat there, looking like a Greek god in the sun... while Clyde quickly scoffed down chicken nuggets.
The two were soon to arrive at their destination, a large and rather intimidating building taunted them. Begging them to enter but somehow pushing them away at the same time.

"You ready?" Clyde looked over at craig, who winded up the windows and turned the key to shut the car off.
"Never am Clyde" he sighed.