7 | Coincidences

Ice blinked. He wasn't blind, right? So that meant what he saw was right... Right? No way, it can't be.... He pondered, the scene replaying itself in his head as he aimlessly walked the halls of the school, ignoring the stares and whispers around him from random girls.

His icey colored eyes stared directly at the ground, subconsciously watching his footsteps whilst deep in thought.

The bell rings and he was forced to forget about the thought and walked to class.

"Hey what'chu thinking about? If you're thinking of cheating in the quiz don't forget to pass me some answers."

Ice scoffed at his brother, Blaze, unamused he assumed he would opt to cheat in their upcoming quiz for English Class.

"I'm not thinking about that." he calmly retorted.

Blaze blinks, lowering his head to peek at his brother, his big fluffy hoody blocking his view.

The fire elemental tilts his head in wonder. "You look lost." he pointed out. "I'm confused." Ice corrected.

"About??" Curious as always, Ice rolled his eyes but he answered anyway. "I heard (Y/n) call Thunder by his nickname."

"Eh!?" Blaze exclaimed, catching the attention of their fellow classmates.

"Hu-uh, he was even smiling at her... I feel betrayed." Ice admitted.

No one but them were allowed to call him Hali and he gets mad when other people do, just like the cafeteria incident two days ago.

"You sure you're awake?" Blaze scratched his head. "You probably heard wrong..."

Ice shook his head, confirming his memories. "I know what I heard, Blaze..."

The brothers stared at each other, unsure of the sudden turn of events. Ice was about to speak once more but their teacher came through the door, empty quiz papers in her hands and the students scrambled for their seats.

・・・・・

Cyclone tapped his brother who sat to the right of the seat in front of his. Thunder hums, glancing at him from the corner of his eye. "Hali can I borrow a pen...? Mine ran out."

Thunderstorm wordlessly reached for his bag, pulling out an extra pen and passing it to his younger brother. Cyclone mutters a silent thank you and the lightning elemental proceeds to stare back at the blackboard.

Hali... He smiles, your voice filling his head. He had never loved his nickname before you started using it, strange and yet so endearing.

Almost like a spell was cast over him, he couldn't forget how easily you've become accustomed to his nickname, already addressing him with it a couple times now.

"Eh??" the wind elemental blinked in wonder. His older brother was smiling in his seat but he looked lost in thought.

"What is he thinking of?" he muttered to himself.

He shook it off, going back to doodling in the last page of his notebook as the class went on.

Cyclone stops abruptly and tried to remember what was your current class. Was it English?... Oh yeah! She's in History with Gempa!

Cyclone glances at their teacher who was busy writing on the board. He smirks, taking it as his opportunity to type into his watch, messaging their eldest brother.

・・・・・

Quake sat comfortably in his seat, scribbling words from the current discussion in History class when his watch beeped, indicating a message.