Eight~ Bullet wounds and psycho aunts

I run and I don't stop.

Somehow I end up at this old factory building at the edge of Beacon Hills town limit and I hear a gun shot and a woman starts yelling.

"Come on!" Another gunshot. Rifle. "Come on!" The gun is cocked again. I tune my ears in even more and hear something running.

Then comes a howl. My eyes turn teal and my back starts to hurt. I have this urge to follow the howl but I resist it as best as I can. I hide behind a near by dumpster and I can see the woman who was yelling, also holding the rifle. She turns around and walks back to her car, opening her trunk and pulls out what looks like an assault rifle. I curse under my breath when I realize she must be a hunter and then I get a whiff of a very familiar scent.

Derek what the hell are you doing? I ask myself and then hear something moving near the roof behind me. I look up to see a huge black wolf with red eyes, bigger than me or Derek, climbing up the side of the building.

The Alpha. It has to be. Derek comes into view as he chases the Alpha and he heads right in my direction. He vaults himself over my dumpster and climbs up the same wall, following the big wolf. The urge to follow the Alpha takes over and I follow Derek, trying to be as discrete as possible so he won't hear me. Running across the roof tops and jumping to the next building I see the woman pointing her gun at Derek as he perches on the roof just a few meters in front on me. His head whips towards me and he gets a look of panic on his face. I go to run to him but he jumps in front of me.

"Look out!" Derek yells just as the gun goes off and his body collides with mine. He yelps in pain as we tumble off the ledge and onto the roof top.

His arms circle around me as we roll to a stop. His body shields mine for a second longer before he rolls off and lays on his back. His breathing is heavy and his eyes are closed. When he opens them he doesn't look at me, but instead he just stares at the sky.

"What the hell are you doing here?" He says barely above a whisper. "You could've been killed." He grunts in pain and sits up. I, however, am still in shock of being shot at that I just lay there and don't move.

"I don't know. I was running and then I ended up here. I heard gunshots, saw you and the Alpha. I couldn't resist, his howl was calling me to follow and so I did. I'm sorry Derek." I finally get the courage to sit up and crawl up next to him.

"It's not your fault. You couldn't help it." He reaches his arm around my shoulders, grunting in pain and pulls me to him. That's when I notice the gunshot wound on his arm. Derek falls back as he groans and coughs, trying to level out his breathing. 

"Derek! You're shot!" I say yelling in a whisper. He props himself up on his good arm so he's eye level with me. 

"I'm okay," He grunts in pain and his head falls back. "I'll be healed by morning. Now go home. Your brother is worried sick." He says wincing in more pain than he wants to admit that he's in. I know that with Derek, there's no negotiating. Girlfriend or not, you don't argue with Derek Hale.

"Fine... Just don't die on me, Hale, not yet." I grab his face and give him a kiss that says 'Please don't leave me.'

"Hey...I'll be okay." He says resting his forehead against mine. He groans again, holding his injured arm. He's not telling me the truth.

"Promise me?" I say with pleading eyes. My hands are still on the side of his face and his eyes lock with mine.

"I promise, princess. Now go." He motions with his head and I get up, walking to the ledge. I make sure that crazy gun lady isn't in sight before I step over the edge and jump down the side of the building. Landing on my feet, I hear voices. I follow them back to the lady's car and crouch behind the dumpster I was previously positioned in earlier.