Fourteen~Alphas and Lockdowns

"Let's go! Sit. Sit. Sit." Said Mr. Finnstock, the English teacher, who's also the coach. "We have a lot to cover today, let's go. Quicker!"

For some odd reason, our dad made sure Stiles and I had almost all of our classes together.

"Stiles, sit behind me!" Scott says quickly. Stiles went to sit down but didn't make it in time before Allison set her stuff down. I sat down in front of Scott and grabbed my phone out of my pocket.

There was a text from Derek. It read:

'Meet me at the animal clinic with Scott.'

I discreetly adjusted my heart monitor so that it didn't show through my shirt.

Allison and Scott got to talking about something, while I stayed silent and thought about Derek. It made me mad that he wasn't answering my calls or how he just left without a word last night, how he offered help to Scott and not me.

Scott was about to say something when all of a sudden, Coach slammed a book on the desk making all of us jump.

"Let's settle down." He said annoyed. "Alright, let's go over a summary of last night's reading." I panicked. I was kind of preoccupied and forgot to do that homework. Most of the kids in the class raised their hands but mine stayed down shamefully.

"Greenburg put your hand down. We all know you did the reading." Coach swatted his hand at the boy. "How bout...um Ms. Stilinski!"

My head shot up and my face turned red. I could feel my heart rate start to pick up. "What?" I asked like I didn't hear him.

"The reading." He said, sitting on the edge of his desk.

"L-last nights reading?" I asked him. I was making a complete fool of myself.

"Uhh Uhh how about the reading of the uh Gettysburg Address?" Coach waves his hands.

"What?" I was confused as to why kids were laughing at me. I looked around the class and then back at the teacher.

"That was sarcasm. You familiar with the term 'Sarcasm', Stilinski?" The teacher said and I glanced back at Stiles.

My brother gave me a smile and I turned back to the teacher.

"Very." I rolled my eyes. I was getting frustrated, I hate being the center of attention, I always, make myself look like an idiot.

"Did you do the reading or not?" He asked leaning back a little bit.

"I-I, um, think I f-forgot," I said quietly. I looked down at my desk and heard the teacher scoff. My heart rate was speeding up just a touch more and I tried to bring it back down with my breathing but it wasn't working.

"No-no-no. Shit. Calm down, Harlow. You're okay." I heard my brother whisper from a few seats behind me.

"That's great, Harlow. McCall! What about you?" He asks walking over to his desk. I could barely hear his heartbeat over my own but I could tell it was spreading up.

"N-no Coach." He hung his head low.

"Nice work, McCall. It's not like you're averaging a 'D' in this class." He bends down to Scott's desk. "Come on, buddy. You know I can't keep you on the team of you have a 'D'." I could hear the quiet beeping of the heart monitor app. There were two, mine and Scotts.

Only it was Scotts that started going faster.

Beep...Beep.

"How about you summarize the previous night's reading?" Coach asked and Scott shook his head. "No? What about the night before that?"