Twelve~Spirals and Nightmares

!Trigger Warning! Talk of depression and self-harm! I put a warning where it begins, feel free to skip that section!

 It's been three days since Kate showed up at Derek's place. Three days since I got slammed in the gut. I now have a three-day-old bruise on my abdomen that still hurts. The blow had so much force that my supernatural healing is delayed and my body isn't healing as fast as it should. I didn't have to go to the parent/teacher conference thing but apparently, Chris Argent killed the mountain lion that was the supposed killer of Beacon Hills, and my dad got hit by a car when people were rushing to get out of the school area. Luckily he only had a sprained arm and bruised ribs.

   I was sitting in my car outside Allison's house waiting for Scott. He had asked me to drive him there because he was grounded and couldn't take his own car. 

   "Jesus Scott, come on," I said to myself as I looked at the time. 

   11:45 p.m. 

All of the sudden there was a growl and the air in the car went cold. I clear the fog from the driver's side window and see Scott running towards the car before it fogs back over. He yanks the passenger side door open and gets in a panic. 

   "Scott, what the hell? Did someone cat-" I looked in the rear-view mirror and saw red glowing eyes. Mine flashed teal and my back started to hurt a little. "Oh s-shit," I said as I and Scott coward down in our seats. I put a hand over my mouth to cover my uneven breathing. The growls were getting louder as the Alpha came closer to the car. Out of nowhere, he comes into view on the driver's side window and slowly draws a spiral in the fog on the window with his claws. My heart almost pounds out of my chest as I struggle to start up the car.

   I sat up and stepped on the gas, heading straight to Scott's house. 

   "What the hell is that?" Scott asked breathing heavily and looking at the spiral.

  "I-I dunno," I said quietly. The rest of the drive was silent and the only thing that could be heard was my and Scott's hearts beating a million miles an hour. 

   We pull into the driveway and immediately get out and run into the house. We make our way up to Scott's room and he opens the door. I turn around and close it as Scott runs and shuts a window that was left open. My back pressed against the door and Scott fumbles to turn the lamp on. Once he does, we both see Derek sitting silently in the chair next to the lamp. I yelp and Scott jumps once he sees him. 

   "You seriously need to stop doing that," Scott yells, letting his panic settle. I walk over and flop myself face down onto Scott's bed, burying my face into a pillow. My back still hurts and I let out a groan making the guys give me a concerned look. 

   "So what happened? Did he talk to you?" Derek casually asks the boy. Scott rolls his eyes before speaking again. 

   "Yeah. We had a nice conversation about the weather." Scott says sarcastically. 

   "No, he didn't talk!" I said into the pillow. 

   "Well did you get something off of him? An impression?" Derek asks both of us. 

   I lift my head from the pillow.

   "What do you mean?" Scott asks innocently. I roll onto my side so I'm facing the guys and Derek stands up annoyed.

   "Remember your other senses heightened. Communication doesn't have to be by spoken-" I cut Derek off.

   "You mean like a feeling?" I say quietly and Derek points his hand at me. I get up and sit on the edge of the bed, feeling the bruise on my stomach being squished. I wince in pain and grab my abdomen.