0.1

*2ear 2020*

Parties weren't really Harlow's forte. She didn't like the noise, and the fact that you were always pushed up against another body whenever you tried to move.

It was just one of those things that bothered her.

Her twin brother, Mason, had dragged her here. He was a ladies man, you could say. Even if the two were only sixteen, he had managed to have a total of five girlfriends. Harlow's had none.

She sat on the couch, scrolling through her phone. Instagram seemed to be her best friend at the moment.

"Harlow!" Her best friend, Kasey, shouted from across the room. Kasey was pretty, with her long blonde hair and bright green eyes, she was more popular, you could say.

Harlow snapped her head to where she heard her voice, instinctively locking her phone. Kasey was in a crowd of kids, all heading towards the basement.

"We're playing Truth or Dare! C'mon!" Kasey waved a hand for her to follow the group of sweaty teenagers.

Harlow shook her head. "Nah. I'm good, Kase." She didn't want to do something she'd regret. She held up her phone and pointed to it. "Instagram is my baby at the moment."

"Every time I invite you over to one of these, you chicken out." Kasey whined. Harlow didn't bother to tell her that she invited Mason, but Harlow was dragged here against her will. "Just come. Please?"

Harlow, deciding that she didn't want to make a scene (people were already starting to stare) got up off the couch and followed Kasey and her friends downstairs.

"Yay! Now we can have some fun!" Kasey squealed, and the little group got into a circle on the floor. "Okay, I'll start. Leah, truth or dare?" Kasey turned to Leah, a friend of the two.

"Dare." Leah said confidently, shifting in her spot so she was sitting Indian style with her hands in her lap.

Kasey thought for a moment before saying, "I dare you to go with Jace in the closet for ten minutes."

Leah's cheeks flushed and Jace slowly followed her to the closet.

The rest of the game went on like that, Kasey's stereotypical dares and truths.

"Harlow, truth or dare?"

Oh, it was her turn now.

"Dare." Harlow mumbled, feeling shy with all of the eyes on her.

Kasey thought a moment before writing a number on her wrist randomly. "I dare you to text this number."

"What? No!" Harlow pushed her arm away. "Whose number is that anyway?"

Kasey shrugged. "I don't know. I just made it up."

Harlow knew it was wrong. To text a random number, and probably bother them to death.

"I don't know..."

"C'mon, Harlow. It's a dare."

Harlow felt the stares focusing in her, and she gave in. "Fine." She grabbed Kasey's arm and punched to number into her contacts.

And that's where it all began.

-

so this is what comes out of my brain.

hope you lik it.

ps, the chapters are meant to be short, and the majority of the book will be convos between the two.