Wonder Wedneday 7/8/20

This #wonderwednesday post came as a surprise because I already had one written out.  But the sermon I watched Sunday morning struck it. It was good but I think we all needed more. When was the last time you were surprised by God? If you never have been then your view of God is too small. Look at creation for a moment. Look, God made that. Just awe and wonder. His majesty,  his impressive beauty. Then you realize you don't know God and who told you like you did? We can't rationalize the beauty of his splendor. "The earth is the Lord's and everything in it" like the earth is his footstool. When was the last time you looked into God's love story for you and me and said "wow I never noticed that?" Like God's mercy isn't like ours, it supersedes us and definitely surprises us. God is here and now. There's another verse I wanted to share in The Passion Translation

"Then you will be empowered to discover what every holy one experiences—the great magnitude of the astonishing love of Christ in all its dimensions. How deeply intimate and far-reaching is his love! How enduring and inclusive it is! Endless love beyond measurement that transcends our understanding—this extravagant love pours into you until you are filled to overflowing with the fullness of God! So I kneel humbly in awe before the Father of our Lord Jesus, the Messiah, the perfect Father of every father and child in heaven and on the earth. And I pray that he would unveil within you the unlimited riches of his glory and favor until supernatural strength floods your innermost being with his divine might and explosive power. Then, by constantly using your faith, the life of Christ will be released deep inside you, and the resting place of his love will become the very source and root of your life.Never doubt God's mighty power to work in you and accomplish all this. He will achieve infinitely more than your greatest request, your most unbelievable dream, and exceed your wildest imagination! He will outdo them all, for his miraculous power constantly energizes you."
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭3:14-20‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Edit: it's Tuesday night now. I had another thought that I can't remember. I remember now.  If you're surprised where God is then take a look at Jesus. I'm already inspired for Monday.  "By this time a lot of men and women of doubtful reputation were hanging around Jesus, listening intently. The Pharisees and religion scholars were not pleased, not at all pleased. They growled, "He takes in sinners and eats meals with them, treating them like old friends." Their grumbling triggered this story." Luke‬ ‭15:1-3‬ ‭MSG‬‬ look at that. Jesus "took them in, are with them and treated them like old friends." So why aren't we doing it? We'll talk about it Monday.

" So why aren't we doing it? We'll talk about it Monday