Chapter Two

Y/n's P.O.V.

The triplets and I ran out of the library into the front hall. There, we saw Mr. and Mrs. Quagmire standing there looking at us. "Duncan, Quigley, Isadora?" Mrs. Quagmire asked. The triplets ran over to their parents while I watched this happy reunion. "Hi, Mr. and Mrs., Quagmire, how was your work trip?" I asked slowly walking towards them.

"Oh, we're just happy to be home," Mrs. Quagmire answered. Isadora walked over to me and took my hand in hers. "I hope you don't mind that I invited Y/n over for a sleepover," Isadora smiled. "That's okay, Isadora, Y/n is always welcome in our home," Mrs. Quagmire smiled. Then all of us walked into the library and we listened as the Quagmire parents talked about their trip.

"How did you hurt your leg?" Quigley asked his father. I didn't notice that Mr. Quagmire had hurt his leg until he grabbed his leg and kept it in place. "Breaking out of prison in Peru," he answered. The four of us looked at each other like he just spoke gibberish. "What he means is, he hurt his leg ballroom dancing," Mrs. Quagmire explained. It started to make sense because I saw him dance at one of my father's dinner parties.

They continued talking about their trip, then all of a sudden I was reminded of my mother. She used to travel around the world and before me and my sister were born. She traveled to Peru, France, Egypt and other exotic locations. Just thinking about my mother made me want to cry. When she died, it felt like I lost a piece of my heart. Then when my sister committed suicide, i lost another piece.

I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard a knock at the front door. "I'll get it," I smiled. When I opened the door however, I saw someone who looked very familiar, it was Mr. Poe from Mulctuary Money Management. "How do you do, Mr. Poe?" I asked. "Can I come in? I need to speak with you," he asked. I was confused, What does he need to talk to me about? 

I invited him inside, and when I closed the door, he pressed his back against it. "I'm afraid I have some bad news, Ms. L/n," Mr. Poe sighed. I braced myself even though I had no idea what the bad news was. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see the Quagmires were standing in the wide doorframe of the library staring at me.

"Your father has perished in a terrible fire, he perished in a fire that destroyed your home, I'm very sorry," Suddenly, I could hear my heartbeat in my ears. I fell to my knees and clutched my stomach like I had been punched. A loud sob escaped my lips and I felt someone wrap their arms around me. I looked up, and through my tears-filled eyes, I saw it was Quigley, Isadora, and Duncan. We held each other close similar to when I lost my sister.

"Y/n, I am the executor of your father's estate, your father left behind an large fortune of rubies. However, the bank will take charge of it until you come of age," Mr. Poe explained. "Who's gonna take care of me until then?" I asked wiping my tears away. 

"It's strange, your father's will said that you would be sent to live with a relative within a hundred mile radius, but as far as I know, you don't have any living relatives," I was scared because I didn't want to be sent to live with someone who barely even knew. "Mr. Poe, my husband and I would love to welcome Y/n into our home," Mrs. Quagmire spoke up. A small smile started to form on my face and the triplets started smiling too. "Thank you so much Mr. and Mrs. Quagmire, it means a lot," I sniffled.

"Y/n, I know that this is a difficult time for you, but would you like to look through the remains of your home and see if anything was unharmed?" Mr. Poe asked. I didn't want to look at the remains of my former home, but I knew that it was something that I had to do.

"Okay," I nodded. As I stood up, I felt Quigley gently grab my hand. "Mr. Poe, if it's alright with you, I would like to go with Y/n," he asked. I was surprised at this Quigley wants to go with me? "Can I come along too?" Isadora asked. "No, I think one person is enough, come on Quigley and Y/n," Mr. Poe sighed. The triplets and I embraced each other, then Quigley and I left.