Chapter Twelve

Y/n's P.O.V.

After about an hour of roasting marshmallows, Quigley and I decided to take a break otherwise, I was gonna get sick. "Alright, I think that's enough, how about we share some stories?" Brucie suggested. "Can I go first scoutmaster Brucie?" Carmelita asked. "Carmelita,  I think we should let our new friends share first, if they want?" Everyone in the scow scout troop looked over at me and Quigley. I didn't want to share my story, even thinking about what had happened to me and Quigley made me want to cry behind the mask.

Quigley could tell that I was upset, so he spoke up. "Um, we'd rather not share," he answered. Then, we started to hear voices coming from outside of the cave, and I became frightened wondering if our enemies had found us. I felt Quigley gently rub my back and I started to feel slightly better. "I'll go check it out," Carmelita said brushing some of the snow off of her coat.

Quigley and I watched as Carmelita approached the entrance of the cave, and through the snow masks we could see two shadowy figures, from the looks of it, it looked like a teenage boy and a girl. "Hello Cakesniffer's," Carmelita said to the two figures. I didn't expect the figures to know her name, but I heard them say her name.

"Go away, cakesniffers! This is a private cave!" She growled. Scoutmaster Brucie stood up and walked over to Carmelita and Quigley and I eavesdropped on the conversation that took place. "I knew it! Your the Baudelaires!" Carmelita said. I had heard of that name before, just days before the fire that destroyed my home, my father had told me that the Baudelaire mansion had been destroyed by a fire.

"Troop 113 is the most exclusive Snow Scout troupe in the city, only non-cakesniffers with rich living parents are allowed to join, Isn't that Brucie?" Carmelita bragged. "I have to carry their luggage," Brucie added. "You should carry you own luggage, Carmelita, and you should join us by the fire," Quigley spoke up.

I wanted to ask him what he was doing, but it wasn't the right time to ask. Brucie offered the two figures snowsuits and masks, and I heard the figures ask about the masks. "If you're outside, they'll keep the snow gnats away," Brucie explained. "And when your inside, they make a Very Furtive Disguise," I added.

When the two figures sat across from us, my suspicions were confirmed. It was a teenage girl with long brown hair, and a boy with short brown hair and glasses. They did not look like murderers or arsonists, so I thought if we played our cards right, maybe they could us. They said that they were looking for their baby sister, so maybe we could help them as well.

I looked over at Quigley and he slowly nodded, and I knew that he was thinking the exact same thing.

A/n: Sorry I haven't published this story in a while, I have been very busy with other projects plus the added pressure that I will be going back to school soon, so updated may be slower than usual. But anyways, I hope you enjoyed this, I'll try to upload tomorrow.

With love,

Duskprincess89